14 days ago
Job Title: Quality Controller
Role Type: Permanent
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
- To conduct product and process inspection to obtain and record proof of compliance to drawing and process requirements, to identify and record non-compliance to these requirements and to lead and implement containment and corrective actions to ensure that all delivered products conform to their specification.
- To implement the quality policy and objectives to focus on the reduction of the cost of non-quality and the reduction of internal and external concessions through the application of the appropriate quality tools.
- To develop a common culture of quality basics throughout the company and ensure that observation of quality basics is consistent throughout every level of the organisation.
- Auditing of tooling and calibration status of measurement equipment.
- Conduct inspection operations as and when requested by the batch cards.
- Validate production permits and pre-release documents.
- Product buy-off and release process including spares release on Despatch deck.
- Development and implementation of quality sampling schemes, recording and analysis of data.
- Reports and defects or countersigning of QNs
- Inspection and approval of rework operations as specified on one shot planning.
Candidate skills & requirements
- Time served apprenticeship with shop floor experience essential
- Must have a thorough understanding of engineering drawing, configuration control and specification system essential
- Knowledge of the Composite process
- Knowledge of anomaly treatment and non-conformances characterisation.
- Knowledge of applicable quality rules & documentation framework.
- Understanding of technical documents (instruction sheets, process sheets, rework instructions.).
- Knowledge of metrology
- Knowledge of marking rules.
- Knowledge of statistical basics (control charts, capability).
- Knowledge of software (excel, powerpoint, acrobat for scans, SPC vision) and of the SAP quality module is beneficial
The company prides itself on creating an inspiring environment for employees, generating an ethos of entrepreneurial spirit and rewarding opportunities. There are definite long-term career options for the right candidate, plus a great environment to work in.
To apply, please send your CV for more details. Please note - if you haven't received feedback within 7 days of application you have not been successful on this occasion.