3 months ago
Morson have an exciting opportunity for a Quality Controller to be working for one of Aerospace clients based in Yeovil.
- Your purpose is to provide governance for Material processes, practices and documentation, within the process framework which controls material supply activities for Production and Customer Support. Focused predominately in the UK, but also working in conjunction with all the LHD geographies to promote harmonisation and consistency. Business areas covered; A/C Operations, CS&T, CoE production, CoE repair and overhaul.
- To be the day to day point of contact for Material quality requirements, the planning and co-ordination of recovery of quality issues/observations, applying both corrective and preventative actions. As an integral part of the Super User meeting forums, provide support where necessary and ensure required actions are captured and documented within the User Guides (through the Change Control board), flowed out (including training where necessary).
- Coach, facilitate and support the business, in resolving problems and queries associated with; material management, using your specialist knowledge and expertise.
KEY JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Write, distribute and maintain key governance and control documents, primarily Departmental Instructions and Company Procedures, and ensure there is compliance with Quality, Customer and Regulatory requirements related to Process and Governance.
- Provide input to Process improvements where there are any Quality implications.
- The point of contact for Material Services and Production for the LH-OS Operating System), responsible for ensuring amendments and new processes documents are loaded to the LH-OS in accordance with its controls and principles and support any audits or third party queries.
- Ensure timely resolution of Supplier Quality issues within Material Services
- Manage any Customer Complaints which are tasked to Material Services.
- Produce and manage the Self-Audit and Process Check Plan, and ensure the BCM (Business Control Meeting) Slides are kept up to date.
- To ensure processes are being adhered to at a working level and to monitor the quality of the data being fed into SAP.
- To investigate where processes are not being followed and to provide/co-ordinate any help/training required.
- To attend all reviews for new and existing MS processes as the Quality/MS Super User representative.
- Working with the CS&S Governance, to ensure that operational and business procedural and governance in MS is maintained in line with Company Quality requirements, and is in support of locally set MS objectives.
- To offer any support and carry out testing as required for SAP development.
- To liaise with LHD UK Procurement and Supply Chain for any SAP/process changes which affect or related to Material Services
- To be the main point of contact for any Quality/Process issues affecting Material Services and to action/escalate accordingly.
- To oversee MS QN's and ensure they are actioned and managed appropriately.
- To participate in the Super User forum from an R&O/ Quality perspective, and to attend the Supply Chain Management Super User meetings.
- To undertake any actions agreed within the forum to feed and to translate issues relating to R&O/Quality into the MS CCB as required.
- Working with the MS Training Co-ordinator to provide assistance to ensure that training material is consistent and of the required quality and to assist with the training where required.
- Use problem solving techniques to diagnose problems and work with Process Improvement team to instigate robust solutions to permanently resolve them.
- Support the working capital reduction activity by providing standardised and harmonised processes and enable the business to identify and positively affect; optimisation of capital and improved cash-flow.
- You are responsible for taking reasonable care of your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work and to co-operate with managers, supervisors and others to enable the company to meet its statutory obligations for health, safety and environment.