Katie Robson Hill
over 1 year ago
Morson International are currently recruiting for a Quality Control Inspector in Dorset. This is an opportunity to work in the maritime / defence industry on a permanent basis.
The key responsibilities include:
- Completion of source inspection for supplied product at supplier's facility as required;
- Perform Goods Inwards product quality & supporting paperwork checks. Evaluate conformance to Engineering requirements;
- Review completed supplier generated FAI's;
- Inspect partially and fully completed Assemblies in accordance with design data;
- Conduct Patrol Inspection of random stages to ensure compliance to drawing and process and Approved Operator Process
- Complete stage inspection as defined by manufacturing planning;
- Raise NCRs for non-conforming product detected at the goods-in stage and production detected non conformities when required;
- Liaise with Suppliers and Manufacturing staff to help resolve queries when required;
- Carry out inspection tasks in other areas when necessary;
- In addition to this you may be required to provide assistance to the business to assist in problem solving activities, engineering investigations and corrective action determination
- Provide ad-hoc business support against specific demand for Inspection/measurement of product where required
- Attend and participate in MRB meetings as requested;
What we are looking for in you:
You will have experience of working in an inspection environment and ideally have recognised CMM operator training. You will be familiar with general inspection techniques and their appropriate selection as well as have experience of performing product FAIRs and preparation of documentation packs. We are looking for the ability to read and interrogate engineering drawings including geometric dimensioning and tolerancing as well as being familiar with general non-conformance processes. You will have the ability to interact with suppliers and internal customers and the ability to programme, operate and interrogate CMM reports. Knowledge of quality standards, ISO9001 and AS9102 is required as well as an understanding of configuration and change management processes.
For more information on this role, please click apply!