Crawley, West Sussex
25 days ago
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced programme Quality Assurance Manager to join the Quality Team This post will provide QA support to assigned programmes, planning and undertaking quality surveillance activities for software and hardware, working with suppliers and internal integration teams to achieve requirements. The role will include, software QA, QA surveillance of subcontractors, addressing customer complaints, liaising with Customers LRQA, undertaking Quality Systems Audits when required, identifying areas for process improvement, involvement and/or leading improvement activities.
This role will include occasional working at other Thales sites in the UK and abroad and also work off site at customer or supplier establishments.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
Programme related Tasks
- Assist/ Plan and Implement Quality Assurance on assigned programmes in accordance with Company Reference system, Contract and Regulatory Requirements,
- Assist/Generate QA inputs for Programme Reviews.
- Assist/Generate inputs for Programme/QA Manager reports.
- Ensure assigned programme tasks are carried out in accordance with agreed Work Packages.
- Systematically perform QA audit and surveillance activities throughout the lifetime of assigned Programmes.
- Be the point of contact & offer professional advice for programme on QA matters, to the customer, sub-contractor and supplier.
- Provide advice and assistance on quality matters to programme staff, engineering and operations through proactive participation, during all phases of the programme.
- Conduct investigations and create reports as assigned.
- Perform analysis of quality metrics and initiate improvements as applicable
- Identify trends, issues, and opportunities associated with process or product that may impact on the business.
- Contribute and enhance the developing knowledge base within quality by engaging and building relationships with internal & external contacts
Key performance Indicators against Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Auditing Skills - Qualified as an auditor and have the ability to be able to audit internally and externally to the company.
- Quality Standards and methods knowledge - knowledge of standards and methods applicable to the role such as ISO, AS, AQAP, civil and military standards including MAA TAE5000 Regulatory Articles
- The ability to apply this knowledge to programmes and daily tasks.
- Interpersonal Skills - the ability to communicate effectively and act within a team environment.
- Analytical skills - the ability to analyse data and trends effectively and advise effective rectification action
- Operational experience - experienced in programmes, engineering, manufacturing and supply chain management.
- IVVQ test witnessing and QA sign off
- Excellent communicator with strong influencing and persuasion skills
- Quick learner - open mind receptive to change
- Ability to facilitate when working with teams
- Willingness to challenge the status quo and improve on the standard
- Ready and willing to respond to a change in direction to keep things moving forward
- Team player with good self and other awareness
- Strong disciplined approach to process
- An ability to interface well at all levels within the business, with suppliers, partners and customers
- An ability to plan and organise workload to achieve deadlines.
- Excellent decision & problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Standard Office Tools.
- Experienced Auditor
- Experience of working within a programme quality environment in a defence or similar industry
- Experience of working within a supplier quality assurance environment.
- Detailed Knowledge of current engineering, quality and related working practices.
- Knowledge of commercial and MoD contractual requirements and standards
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 / AS9100 / AQAP 2110.
Recognising the RESTRICTED nature of the work, suitable candidates will be SC cleared or eligible for this level of clearance.