Manchester, Greater Manchester
6 months ago
Job Title: Quality Assurance Engineer
Reports to: Head of Quality
Salary: Competitive + Excellent Benefits
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing bespoke engineering business in the Manchester area. Being a leader within their market globally, they have experienced year on year growth and are investing heavily in the site to maximise on potential further growth moving into the new year. The business is also committed to further developing their Quality Function, and as a result of this have created a brand-new Quality Assurance Engineer to support the Head of Quality.
- Facilitate and manage activities related to problem solving and root cause analysis arising from customer complaints, concessions, audit non-conformances and production issues where attention to detail and written accuracy is paramount.
- Carry out internal and supplier auditing as per the audit program within the UK and supplier facilities.
- Managing activities related to Corrective Action/Preventative Action (CAPA)
- Support the activities on maintaining various Quality Management Systems within the UK (ISO9001:2015)
- Liaise with customers, suppliers and other third parties over quality related issues, performance reviews etc.
- Work with other departments on quality aspects of operational and continuous improvements.
- Using MS Office; Excel (e.g. graphs, data & trend analysis)
- QMS auditing - internal and external audits preferable Lead Auditor certified
- Significant experience of working in an industrial or manufacturing environment
- Use of Quality tools related to RCA / CAR 8D methodology.
- Experience with ISO9001:2015 is essential, experience with AS9100 / ITAF:16949 QMS would be a distinct advantage
- Facilitating RCCA & FMEA projects
- Effective communication
- Team player who demonstrates a high level of commitment, adopts a flexible and positive approach
- Willingness to travel
The company prides itself on creating an inspiring environment for employees, generating an ethos of entrepreneurial spirit and rewarding opportunities. There are definite long-term career options for the right candidate, plus a great environment to work in.
To apply, please send your CV for more details. Please note - if you haven't received feedback within 14 days of application you have not been successful on this occasion.