4 months ago
Job Title: Quality Assurance Engineer
Role Type: Permanent
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
Role Description - Overview
- To continually reduce Customer escapes, concessions, cost of non-quality, and number of parts quarantined through the application of appropriate Quality and continuous improvement tools.
- To support the Operations team in delivering products on time and to the quality standards required by our Customers.
- To ensure compliance with internal processes and procedures and external Customer and regulatory requirements.
- To ensure adherence to the Quality Management System and compliance to all Customer and regulatory requirements including EASA Part 21, EN 9100 and NADCAP.
- To prepare for and contribute to external audits with Customers and regulatory bodies.
- To manage product and process audits and any resultant non-conformances and corrective actions.
- To develop and lead improvement plans for Customer escapes, concessions, and quarantined parts.
- To support the preparation of Quality plans for both new products and new Customers.
- To develop and lead zero concession plans for new products at entry into service.
- To develop and lead cost of no quality (CONQ) reduction plans.
- To support Operations to eliminate waste in the production processes.
- To support the operations team in delivering products on time.
- To define quality rules, tools and controls for manufacturing and inspection.
- To manage and maintain Operator and QC accreditations and provide technical support when required.
- To ensure any Customer complaints and returns are resolved within contractual timescales.
- Engineering related Degree / HND or Equivalent industry experience
- Quality Assurance or Manufacturing Engineering experience in a technical / manufacturing environment.
- Experience of complex problem solving and the delivery of improvement projects.
- Experience of the application of key quality tools (PFMEA, SPC, 8D, 6 Sigma).
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Based in Burnley, although occasional travel will be required.
- Working knowledge of French would be beneficial.
The company prides itself on creating an inspiring environment for employees, generating an ethos of entrepreneurial spirit and rewarding opportunities. There are definite long-term career options for the right candidate, plus a great environment to work in.
To apply, please send your CV for more details. Please note - if you haven't received feedback within 7 days of application you have not been successful on this occasion.