Manchester, Greater Manchester
8 months ago
Job Title: Quality Assurance Engineer - Contract (6 month)
Reports to: Quality Manager
Responsible to: Head of Quality and Compliance
Salary/Rate - Competitve
You will work in the Quality Assurance Department as part of the team controlling and developing the quality management systems under the guidance of the Quality Manager.
You will take a lead role in facilitating and managing activities related to problem solving and root cause analysis arising from customer complaints, concessions, audit non-conformances and production issues. Although based in the Quality Assurance office, the role will require working closely with the Operations, Sales and Procurement departments.
You will take an active part in the Internal Audit team across both facilities in Manchester. You will also be part of the Supplier Audit team performing audits on both home-based and globally. As such, the role will require discussing quality related issues with external parties such as customers, suppliers and external auditors.
- Facilitate and manage activities related to problem solving and root cause analysis arising from customer complaints, concessions, audit non-conformances and production issues where attention to detail and written accuracy is paramount.
- Carry out internal and supplier auditing as per the audit program within the UK and supplier facilities.
- Assist the fellow internal auditors in improving audit skills and techniques.
- Support the activities on maintaining various Quality Management Systems within the UK.
- Liaise with customers, suppliers and other third parties over quality related issues.
- Work with other departments on quality aspects of operational and continuous improvements.
- Any other duties within the post holder's competence as requested.
- Using MS Office; Excel (e.g. graphs, data
- analysis) - Intermediate level, Word,
- Outlook and PowerPoint - Basic level
- QMS auditing - internal and external audits
- Significant experience of working in an industrial or manufacturing environment
- Use of Quality tools related to Root Cause
- Analysis techniques and 8D methodology.
- Facilitating projects and working with cross- functional teams in various Root Cause
- Analysis techniques and 8D methodology
- Hand-on experience in Quality Assurance
- role in AS9100 / TS16949 QMS Facilitating
- FMEA projects
- Hand-on experience in PPAP & APQP projects
- Nadcap audit & Root Cause Analysis Nadcap style
Skills & Knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective communication with a wide range of people internally and externally - verbally and written
- Must have ability to work well under pressure
- Organizational skills
- Data Analysis & Trend Analysis
- Must be able to demonstrate a high level of attention to detail and accuracy in written communications
- Team player who demonstrates a high level of commitment, adopts a flexible and positive approach
- Must be able to facilitate and coach a group in the use of Quality Tools and RCCA