£0.00 - £17.65 per hour
7 months ago
DESCRIPTION OF JOB
A vacancy has arisen for a Quality Assurance Engineer on the Filton site.
The successful applicant will be working within the Quality Engineering Airframe Wing organisation, primarily in the Transverse perimeter for Quality Performance activities covering all programmes, and will report to the Head of Quality Engineering Airframe Wing Transverse. You will be interfacing with Engineering teams and suppliers around different locations in Europe, America and Asia.
Role involves the resolution of complex quality issues and continuous improvement projects by setting the measurement standards and identifying/facilitating improvements to increase process performance and product adherence to standards, reliability of processes, and repeatability of processes. At initial design phase, before any process changes are made and continuously through the life of a product.
**the role is particularly suitable for Engineering graduates or those with relatively limited experience looking to get a foot on the ladder in the industry**
The Quality Engineering Wing team is accountable for the deployment of the Quality Strategy within the Engineering Wing organisations. This strategy is deployed via the implementation of 'Quality Improvement Plans' in order to support the achievement of the Engineering Wing quality targets.
In accordance with theQuality Improvement Plans
The successful applicant will be responsible for Quality Performance activities, such as:
- Support the definition of a set of measurable criteria for the quality of the relevant engineering deliverables
- Identify risks and issues related with the quality of the engineering deliverables
- Facilitate and support root cause analysis & practical problem solving activities
- Establish and drive corrective and preventive action plans in order to support the improvement of engineering performance and its associated
- Facilitate and support the identification of product modes of
- Drive standardised mitigation plans in order to prevent/mitigate risk linked to the product and its related processes
- Support the deployment of Quality standards and apply them within the Engineering organisation
- Drive and manage improvement projects in order to support the achievement of the Engineering Wing quality targets
- Capture lessons learned in order to improve organisation efficiency and product maturity
- Relevant Quality and/or Engineering Experience
- Project Management knowledge
- Have exceptional communication and English skills, both verbal and written
- Have excellent IT skills as appropriate to the role (Microsoft Office/G Suite)
- Be able to demonstrate appropriate people skills and associated behaviours when interacting with all levels of the management structure
- The ability to learn quickly, and a positive and enthusiastic attitude towards the workload are essential requirements
- Experience in a Design or Manufacturing Engineering Environment would be beneficial although not essential
- Ability to communicate in German both verbally and in written form are highly beneficial although not essential