Leeds, West Yorkshire
4 months ago
Job Title: Quality & Risk Manager
Reports to: Group Level
Salary: Competitive Salary + Generous Company Benefits
An exciting opportunity for an experienced Quality & Risk Manager based at my clients fast-paced production site in Leeds. Reporting to Group level, the Quality & Risk Manager is responsible for the development of Quality Systems, Procedures & Techniques in accordance business and customer needs.
- Development of Quality Systems, Procedures & Techniques in accordance with customer requirements, industry standards & best practice.
- Maintenance & development of the Quality Management Systems (ISO 9000, ISO 14001, ISO 18001)
- Oversee the development of the ISO systems across the business ensuring that all system requirements are being met and that accreditation is maintained.
- Being the designated site lead for business continuity and risk control
- Process Auditing
- Monitoring of performance against the companies Objectives & Targets. Understanding of SPC & KPI data and development of control plans.
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives within the company. Use of Problem Solving Tools, Root Cause Analysis, Capability Studies & Improvement Techniques are a key requirement of this function
- Liaise with key customers on development programs as part of a partnership approach. This will include problem resolution, process development & way of working initiatives.
- Working closely with purchasing staff in establishing quality requirements from external suppliers.
- Pinpointing relevant quality-related training needs
- Taking a proactive approach to raising awareness and profile for quality as to drive a quality focus culture across the business.
- Proven quality management experience
- Prior experience within a highly regulated fast paced manufacturing sector (Packaging, Food, Automotive, FMCG)
- Resilience to deal with various interwoven factors that create exponential change and challenge in day-to-day work
- Self-starter with a natural sense of urgency with experience working on short lead times.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills with ability to influence upwards to top management while leading peers, direct reports, and other key stakeholders
The company prides itself on creating an inspiring environment for employees, generating an ethos of entrepreneurial spirit and rewarding opportunities. To apply, please call 0161 707 1516 or send your CV to Alex Tyrrell for more details.