10 months ago
Job Title: Quality & Compliance Manager
Reports to: Group Level
Salary: Competitive Salary + Generous company benefits
As part of the group quality team, you will ensure that business processes are followed and developed as required in line with our ISO certifications and regular reviews are undertaken through both internal audit and regular training sessions. The role will also see you undertaking customer facing tasks, such as liaising with clients as required, helping facilitate client audits, both internal and our Vendors. You will be expected to lead problem investigations and liaise directly with clients during the investigation process leading to problem resolution.
- Management of product quality for all items sourced in London
- Developing and maintenance of product quality specifications for products sourced by the London site.
- Review of inspection reports (3rd Party & In-House) to assist buying team in making decisions on product release & on occasion undertaking product inspections and offering training as required.
- Taking a lead role in supporting product risk assessments (Panel tests) to ensure that all aspects of risk are considered (product, vendor etc.) so that action plans can be developed to ensure that products are robustly tested and evaluated prior to production start and during production.
- Reviewing 3rd party risk assessments along with the buying team to ensure that all risks are considered and actions are taken in the project team to mitigate risks, where possible.
- Conducting a final review of the product
- Offering advice and support throughout product development and production to ensure that products manufactured are fit for purpose and to the correct quality level.
- Lead investigations when complaints are received following the 8D methodology (when required) to ensure that root cause is understood and actions taken to prevent re-occurrence.
- Liaising with clients to facilitate and lead client audits at both internally and at our vendors
- Ensuring that all products sourced are compliant through close liaison and management of 3rd party test laboratories, you will be the key liaison to support the buying team during product development to ensure that all products are tested as required.
- Management of contacts and liaison with 3rd party test house
- Maintenance and up-keep of Product Testing Manual, whilst advising the London team of any updates in Legalisation / Product testing standards to ensure that products remain fully compliant. Providing templates as required to assist with product approval e.g. REACH.
- Assisting with the review of 3rd party laboratory test reports and creating declarations of conformity for products as required.
- Assist with the maintenance, upkeep and evolution of quality documentation to support the product development process at the London site
- Assist with Internal audits and quality training of the London team on updates processes and procedures.
- Ensuring that key processes and procedures are followed and making key decisions in relation to product quality with support from the group quality team.
- Produce reports as required and attend quality meetings with the group quality team
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in a similar role with a strong background in product quality
- Experience of production environments through either vendor assessment or working with vendors during the product development process.
- Would need to be a self-starter with a natural sense of urgency. Able to work alone or in groups with a meticulous attention to detail and is highly driven.
- Excellent communication skills and have the ability to build relationships with both internal and external parties.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Pragmatic approach to working and problem solving
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Experience in working with a Quality Management System
The company prides itself on creating an inspiring environment for employees, generating an ethos of entrepreneurial spirit and rewarding opportunities. To apply, please call 0161 707 1516 or send your CV to Alex Tyrrell for more details.