Up to £0.00 per annum
about 2 months ago
Our client Scottish Power are seeking a Quality Advisor / Inspector for a long-term contract role based in Cambuslang, however role will involve site visits on a regular basis throughout South / central Scotland.
1. ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF QUALITY ADVISOR
Support the Quality Management, and project teams to manage, monitor and improve quality performance, during all stages of network project delivery within SPEN major projects.
Provide quality specialist knowledge and advice to internal and external parties. Monitor and work to improve contractor and SPEN Projects quality performance
* Quality support for the project should be requested by the Project Manager, projects are assigned to the Quality Advisor by the Quality Manager.
* The first step is to understand the scope of work, discuss with the Project Manager and review the contract documents provided by the client.
* Tender Review of the Quality contract documentation provided by the bidder completing review spreadsheet and updating TQs with comments
* Where required attend Scheme and Pre-tender meetings.
* Develop a Quality Management Plan for the projects compliant with ISO 9001:2015 and specific company requirements
* Provide support and advice to project and office based staff to achieve compliance with internal and external quality management systems and industry best practices
* Review and monitor construction contractors Project Quality Plans, Inspection programmes and its implementation at site works to ensure they meet requirements
* Kick Off Meeting with contractor(Brief the contractors in the Quality requirements/expectations
* Attend project progress and coordination meetings where required to provide quality input and advice.
* Visit sites on regular basis, depending on work activities being undertaken, to carry out quality inspections.
* Manage and complete quality monitoring and inspection programs to effectively document operational performance, compliance and prepare timely reports required for both internal and external distribution
* Support project team to identify and solve quality non conformities, manage incidents and follow up.
* Control of suppliers and contractors. Resolving site issues where possible.
1.3 POST CONSTRUCTION
* Ensure all relevant quality documentation is included in the project final file received from the contractors.
* Provide information to the Project Manager to support Contractor review
* Develop Quality Training Packs, (examples of some of the training - Inspection & Test Plans, Quality Plans, NCRs, Lessons Learned etc…), to help implement and promote Integrated Management Systems.
* Develop and deliver Quality System training and awareness initiatives
* Develop and implement new guidance, techniques and practices to improve Quality performance.
* Promote Lessons Learned initiative throughout the business
* Develop and maintain Quality Procedures to identify and respond to emerging legislation relevant to activities.
* Provide support and advice to project management, engineering and construction staff to achieve compliance with internal and external quality management systems and project requirements.
* Help implement, maintain and improve company's internal Quality Management Systems to obtain and maintain ISO 9001 certification.