14 days ago
My client are a leading engineering business who produce highly complex products in a range of different industries including rail, aerospace & defence
Due to continued success they are currently looking to recruit an QSHE Manager to join their team in Gloucestershire.
PURPOSE OF ROLE
The QSHE Manager is responsible for ensuring that all external and internal requirements are met with regards to quality assurance, before our product reaches our customers. The role will also have responsibility for H&S compliance.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
* Promotion, maintenance and continual improvement of the company Quality Management System in accordance with the BS EN ISO 9001:2015 approval, and company documented quality management system.
* Ensuring the company BS EN ISO 9001:2015 approval is maintained.
* Advising the Board, through the Group Operations Director, on all Quality Assurance related matters
* Ensuring the Quality Management System approvals are effectively managed and maintained across the UK sites
* Develop and implement Health, Safety and Wellbeing policies and procedures, Working with Senior Managers to ensure that employees remain in a safe working environment and providing advise where appropriate.
* Establish and maintain a close liaison with the external Quality Management System accreditation body, customer QA Representatives and to ensure approvals and contractual requirements are understood and effectively implemented
* Maintain a programme of internal and external quality audits as appropriate to the Quality Management System approval and contractual requirements
* Ensure that effective records are maintained in accordance with Quality Management System approval, statutory and regulatory requirements, contractual requirements and company procedures as appropriate
* Identify resource requirements to support effective achievement of QA responsibilities.
* Provide QA input and support and guidance
* Provide written and verbal reports as requested by the Chief Executive Officer, Chief Group Operations Director or Commercial & Risk Director.
* Chair the business management performance review meetings
* Build relationships with key stakeholders across the sites, promoting the development of a positive culture and best practice
* Other general duties as may be reasonably requested
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* Good organisation skills
* Good technical and commercial awareness and attention to detail
* Ability to strongly influence various internal stakeholders.
* Several years' experience in a suitable technical, engineering and manufacturing environment
* Good working knowledge and experience of QA management systems, in particular the requirements of ISO 9001
* Experience in conducting internal audits in accordance with ISO9001
* Hold NEBOSH certificate (advantageous but not essential)
* A current driving licence