£300 - £400 per day
Rail Technical Team
5 months ago
Job Title - QS/Estimator
Job Type - Contract or Permanent
Rate/Salary - Negotiable dependent upon experience
A leading client in the Transportation Industry is recruiting for a QS/Estimator to work on either a permanent or contract basis, depending on individual preference.
Performs general or discipline cost estimating, analysis, and control activities for project and/or proposal efforts in the Infrastructure heavy civil and/or rail businesses. Performs historical data analysis and maintains historical databases. Supports estimate reporting and reviews. Executes simultaneous tasks within broadly defined parameters.
* Demonstrated intermediate understanding of Estimating core processes requiring minimal direction and supervision.
* Knowledge of EPC estimating practices, methods/processes, and procedures in addition to the various estimate components, types and classifications.
* Basic knowledge of project controls concepts, practices, and procedures, specifically project schedules, work breakdown structure, and budgets.
* Experience in performing quantity takeoffs, statistical analysis, and report writing.
* Understanding technical processes, engineering drawings, quantity determinations, and financial records.
* Knowledge of construction methods and construction practices.
* Knowledge in the use of industry technology processes for executing work.
* Familiar with commercial terms and conditions (contractor relationships, currency exchange, taxation, inflation, insurance, escalation, etc.) and with market pricing in area of specialization.
* Basic knowledge of financial report systems, cost account codes and understanding of cost control instructions that impact estimates.
* Ability to communicate effectively with others in a project team environment.
* Bachelor's Degree in engineering, construction management, business management or related field OR minimum of 5 years of experience in lieu of degree.
* Previous experience in the construction industry
* A minimum of 2 years of experience in Estimating or Project Controls
* Must demonstrate advanced level of expertise in the use of MS Word and MS Excel, typically acquired through multiple years of experience.
* Basic knowledge of scheduling software (Primavera, Microsoft Project).
* Knowledge of engineering and/or construction management
* The right to work and remain in the United Kingdom without sponsorship