West London, London
8 months ago
Morson International are working with a key client in the Nuclear sector who currently have a requirement for a QHSE Manager. This is a 2 year contract role which will be based at our client's central London office and require travel to the Bradwell site as needed.
The Bradwell B project is a ~£15bn project to build the first Hualong design nuclear reactors in the UK. The project is a joint venture and the postholder will have an important role in co-ordinating UK context experience to the project team and in supporting the wider Group team to deliver on its strategic objectives.
As QHSE Manager, you will help set up the QHSE system for this Joint Venture and estimate, plan, and coordinate all QHSE related activities.
You will also ensure that QHSE issues and defects are appropriately identified, documented, tracked, and resolved according to the Joint Venture Company QHSE policies.
- Prepare QHSE strategies and develop internal policy.
- Outline safe operational procedures which identify and take into account all relevant hazards.
- Carry out risk assessments and consider how risks could be reduced.
- Carry out regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented.
- Ensure working practices are safe and comply with legislation.
- Lead in-house training with managers and employees about health and safety issues and risks.
- Keep records of inspection findings and produce reports that suggest improvements.
- Record incidents and accidents and produce statistics for managers.
- Keep up to date with new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of all Health and Safety Executive legislation and any developments that affect the employer's industry.
- Produce management reports, newsletters and bulletins.
- Ensure equipment is installed safely.
- Advise on a range of specialist areas, e.g. fire regulations, hazardous substances, noise, safeguarding machinery and occupational diseases.
- Oversee development of quality plans, procedures, forms and checklists for quality.
- Implement the QA management system at BRB site, providing QA support and guidance to the project development team.
- Distribute relevant QA documentation to site subcontractors.
- Ensuring the effective execution of QA management plans to achieve quality, through company quality process, and the active participation in readiness checks and quality gate reviews.
- Reporting quality status, KPI's, quality incidents and root-cause-analysis.
- Coordinate and assist site internal and external audits including ISO 9001, OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001; and other applicable standards.
- Control all non-conformance reports and ensure remedial action is undertaken.
- Ensure quality management system records are maintained and kept readily available.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- The successful candidate will have a proven track record in the area of QHSE.
- Construction related degree qualified or equivalent
- Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) Certificate and ideally NEBOSH.
- SMSTS: Site Management Safety Training Scheme
- Gold CSCS Card
- At least NVQ Level 6 or equivalent
- Excellent HSE legal knowledge and practical application
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills and ability to present to groups.
- Patience, diplomacy and collaborative approach.
- Ability to understand and analyse complex information and present it simply.
- Knowledge regarding Safety Schemes in Procurement (SSIP).
- Experience in ISO9001:2015, ISO14001:2015 and OHSAS18001:2007 compliance.
- Demonstrable experience in a Quality Assurance role