about 1 month ago
Permanent - Staff
Sector - Oil & Gas
We are currently recruiting a QHSE Specialist to be based in Brussels, Belgium. The duties of the role will be to ensure, the relevant area and in conjunction with the quality, health, safety and environment function of the parent company and the human resources unit of the company. The preparation of the relevant procedures, specialist reporting for the company, branch or subsidiary and the correct information and document flow towards the quality, health, safety and environment functions of the parent company. Providing specialist support to the company units and its branches or subsidiaries in the planning and implementation phases of the investments, in order to guarantee compliance with the regulations in force regarding HSE. Providing operational support to the units of the company or one of its branches or subsidiaries for the promotion, dissemination and correct application of the regulations and corporate procedures.
The Key responsibilities are:
* Assisting the manager, with the support of service contracts, to check and control the parameters related to the personnels levels of exposure to risk agents as indicated in the risk assessment document, in order to protect the health of workers for this purpose, ensuring the definition, implementation and analysis of the results from the specialist audit plans for the areas under their responsibility and also with the support of service contracts,
* Participate in preparing the risk assessment document in accordance with the regulatory frameworks within which the company or one of its branches or subsidiaries operates
* Update the databases related to the parameters for occupational hygiene and the specific documentation required by the relevant laws and company regulations
* Assisting the manager to reduce, in line with the applicable regulations in force, the personnels levels of exposure to risk agents as indicated in the risk assessment document for this purpose, promoting the search for better solutions in the relevant areas
* The operational support to the employer for the management of relationships with public bodies and the territory, and for the fulfilment of all obligations required by the regulations in force regarding HSE, in all the countries in which the company and/or its branches or subsidiaries operate
* Assisting the manager in the relationships with external bodies in case of inspections regarding safety and prevention as well as national and international regulations in force regarding safety, and environmental protection, with particular reference to the monitoring and assessment of risks and the related training and information of the resources operating in the relevant area
* Assisting the manager in establishing, applying and keeping active a quality system compliant with the regulations in force appropriate to the needs of the company and its subsidiaries.
* Collaborating in the preparation and issuance of HSE management system procedures/OPI and social responsibility SA8000.
* Providing data request, branches, verification and implementation of the HSE database and HIES database reporting system.
* Assisting the manager and collaborating with the corporate function officers for:
o Drafting of manuals and procedures that are always consistent and compliant with the defined quality system,
o The correct management and improvement of the quality systems
o The collection and processing of information for management review
o The identification of appropriate information and training measures.
o Performing the internal verifications on the quality system.
* Detailed working knowledge Microsoft Office Suite.
* Min. 3 years of experience
* Degree in relevant subject
* Fluent English and French is a must
* Knowledge of Italian is desirable but not compulsory
Please send CV