West Lothian, Scotland
Up to £0.00 per annum
about 2 months ago
Our client one of the world's leading and most-trusted suppliers to the pharmaceutical, biotech and specialty ingredients markets are seeking a QC Microbiology Analyst for a 1 year contract role based near Livingston.
To support the production of both development and market finished products under GMP conditions via provision of Microbiological analysis
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
1. Work as part of a team alongside other operational teams
2. Involved in the execution and reporting of routine microbiology testing to determine fitness for purpose of starting materials, intermediate and finished products.
3. Technically competent in microbiology activities. Key aspects of this role will include managing stocks and growth promotion of incoming media, performing Environmental Monitoring, and analysis of Non-Sterile samples of raw materials and finished products. All activities to be performed under current cGMP, SOP's and/or pharmacopoeia.
4. Conduct calibrations in accordance with SOP.
5. Conduct purchasing of consumables and maintain stock levels as required for the operation of the microbiology laboratory.
6. Ensure Out of Specification results are reported at the time of discovery and communicated to relevant internal and external personnel.
7. Ensure laboratory work sheets and notebooks are completed appropriately to record experimentation.
8. Complete Environmental monitoring reports as per frequency defined in SOP.
Results oriented with a positive outlook and clear focus on high quality output: Solid planning and organizational ability Reliable, tolerant and dependable: Enjoy working in a fast, stimulating environment. Goal-oriented: Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines Excellent communication/ presentation skills. Able to get on with others and be a team player, but is equally comfortable working independently.
Specific Job Skills
* Relevant qualification, HNC/HND/Science Degree or Equivalent
* An understanding of drug development and manufacturing processes
* Direct experience with pharmaceutical, biotechnology or food industry
* Demonstrated technical competence of the technical and practical skills involved in analytical activities to prescribed quality standards
* Able to communicate well with others, both laboratory and non-laboratory based
* Able to work with minimal supervision.
* Good understanding of quality control, SOP and GMP adherence
* Have a broad knowledge with and experience of working within a cGMP/GLP environment.
* Experience of quality control within a pharmaceutical environment
* Skilled in Microbiology techniques including Microlimit testing, Environmental monitoring, TVC testing.
* Experience of data reporting and checking data within a QC environment
* Understand and demonstrate a pragmatic approach to problem solving with GMP constraints.
Computer skills: Must be competent in the use of MS Office, particularly Excel and Word,
e-mail and internet
Literacy and Numeracy: Must be competent in writing reports both for internal use and for customers. Must be competent in the interpretation of analytical data.
Business Presentation Skills: Must be an excellent face-to-face and telephone communicator.