£306.25 - £350.00 per day
18 days ago
Our nuclear sector client based in the Kent area require a QA Engineer for a longer-term contract to assist in the development, implementation and review of the arrangements for Quality Assurance to ensure compliance with regulatory and Company requirements.
Educated to NQF Level 5 / NVQ Level 5
Member of a relevant professional institute
Certificate in Environmental Management/Safety/QA
* Maintain documentation/procedures in Quality Assurance to support ISO9001, ISO 14001, and OHSAS 18001 and Site Licence arrangements.
* Undertake activities required to support effective quality assurance arrangements.
* Monitor compliance with Site standards and take action as appropriate to achieve improvement.
* Provide technical expertise, advice, guidance and support in Quality Assurance.
* Liaise with other departments to facilitate the planning of quality aspects of work programmes.
* Co-ordinate the implementation of the quality aspects of work programmes.
* Provide technical support for the implementation of the audit programme and management review preparation.
* Deputise for the Line Manager as appropriate.
* Assist with the maintenance of the required regulatory approvals as appropriate
* Responsible for implementing certain aspects of the Site Improvement Plan for Quality Assurance.
* Assist with the review and audit of site performance in Quality Assurance
* Assist with supporting the Site and Project implementation of Quality Assurance arrangements.
* Assist with the preparation and maintenance of ISO9001, ISO14001 and OHSAS 18001 certification
* Carry out team supervision and project management as required.
* Ensure personal and professional development and training of Quality staff to deliver an effective and suitably qualified and experienced Function.
* Ensure effective communication within the Function.
* Monitor performance and take action or provide advice as necessary to maintain Quality standards and improve performance.
* Identify good practice in performance at sites and externally, and promote and deploy across the Functions/Sites.
* Provide expert-level advice, support and guidance on Quality issues throughout the Site.
* Act for the Site EHSS&Q Professional Lead as directed.
* The post holder may be required to be a member of, and participate in, the Site Emergency Scheme subject to any fitness standards required.
* Comply with the Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality policies, procedures, work instructions and risk assessments. Support the continuous improvement of Health, Safety Environment and Quality on Site.
* As a customer-focused individual, the post holder will be expected to support delivery within his or her range of skills, knowledge, experience and competence.
* Undertake baseline roles as required.
* Contribute to the effective development and delivery of training within own area of specialism.
* Assist with managing the relevant aspects of the Detail Volume, SPI/CPI, and commercial and financial aspects as required for delivery of the lifetime plan.