Up to £24.00 per hour
3 months ago
MISSION: Lead and assure quality excellence of in the local MAIT work areas.
Responsible for ensuring that the following are managed according to quality requirements and procedures:
* Spacecraft Integration, Processes & Methods
* Satellite Integration
* Perform Quality Assurance (QA) activities in the local MAIT work areas, by ensuring correct implementation of procedures and processes, to ensure product quality meets the stated requirements
* Lead and influence prevention and quality improvements in the local MAIT work areas
* Drive completion of corrective and preventative actions to closure through the active use of Practical Problem Solving (PPS) techniques
* Drive the efficient management of non-conformance and Cost of Non quality reduction
* Support the responsible quality assurance engineer for the elaboration of the Quality Surveillance plan (QSP)
* Execute the QSP by performing all KIPs required for the product and enforcing all specified Quality controls for the product
* Sign the Certificate of Conformity to release kits
* Focal point for the planning of Quality Control activities in the work area by attending the daily work meeting to plan daily inspection plan of work. Lead the local inspection team and resolve local inspection resource issues through close dialogue with the Operations Quality manager.
* Local authority to stop AIT activities when Quality is or is about to be compromised. Support AIT operators / technicians in deciding on the severity of an incident or any go/no go decisions that may be needed. Assist them in the management of local non-conformance's and non-conformance reports
* Lead the efficient management of non-conformance's work area using Practical Problem Solving (PPS) ensuring efficient closure. Drive the implementation of all IRB / NRB and second closure actions in the work area
* Approve and witness operations (critical moves) classified as high risk leading to catastrophic consequences or operations classified as critical leading to critical consequences
* Ensure that lessons learned & near miss actions are implemented in the work area
* Capture and report the cost of non Quality related to Quality activities in the work area
* Actively monitor and report Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) on local Quality Performance and on the efficiency of local quality gates (inspection, QVPs, KIPs) for continuous improvement. KPIs need to be visible in the MAIT work areas and regularly discussed with the AIT teams in order to continuously improve Quality Performance
* Perform and report local Planned and Flash MAIT audits on documentation, clean-room disciplines, training/skill matrix, calibration, etc
Must be eligible to obtain full security clearance.