Up to £400.00 per day
2 months ago
General Description of Job:
* Management of the transition of applications into the production environment. Ensure all changes are tested, documented and version controlled.
* Adherence to process and procedures to ensure document configuration management, modification management, build management, version controls, and gate review documentation
* Operate as part of SCRUM team
Major Activities / Accountabilities:
- Produce detailed test stage plans
- Contribute to evaluation of exit citeria and reports.
- Management and escalation of risks
- Report progress and raise incidents as required following agreed test standards and processes.
- Contribute to defect investigation, collaborating effecting with other resolved groups e.g. developers, product owners.
- Assist in maintaining the product backlog
- Ensure the controlled configuration of applications
- Follow processes and best practice to ensure configuration and development of solutions are testable and traceable.
- Ensure any changes are agreed with the stakeholder community and align with the IT strategy
- Provide consistent application and systems documentation through all of the application lifecycle
Key Technical Skills / Experience:
* Familiarity with Testing Framework Tool
* Familiarity with source control systems TFS
* Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server and / or Oracle
* Familiarity with integration tools i.e. Microsoft Biztalk, NetWeaver, SSIS
* Has worked in a challenging and complex organisation.
* Experience of following Application Lifecycle Management framework and policy
* Experience of working with / through problems and issues to meet agreed SLAs
* Good working knowledge of different application technologies and configuration
* Familiar with high availability environments, systems and technologies
* Understanding the alignment between technical applications and business requirements / needs
* Experience of working with an application suite covering both in-house (developed) and CotS products
* Experience of automated test frameworks (e.g. Selenium, MS Performance and load testing)