£0.00 - £25.00 per hour
8 months ago
Morson International is looking for Purchasing Officer for BAE Systems in Christchurch.
As a Procurement Officer your responsibilities will include working with other Procurement staff and assisting the Procurement Lead, Projects and Business Development and:
- Take a leading role in supplier management for a given / range of suppliers.
- Proactively manage the performance of the suppliers in your control.
- Proactive and sustained engagement in bids, tenders and contracts within the designated area, including close and collaborative working with other functions.
- Create contracts to suit the needs of the programme requirements, ensuring flow-down of conditions & requirements as necessary.
- Support events for contracts as appropriate.
- Support the management of supplier sourcing and selection process.
- Support negotiations and 'close deals' with supplier representatives within the designated area of the business for all contractual agreements e.g. POs, Licences, Confidentiality Agreements and provide proactive procurement management thereof.
- Ensure application of governance to all Procurement activities as appropriate, including Export Compliance.
- Create and issue purchase orders in support of delivering the project requirements.
- Monitor and manage RFQ responses, expediting as necessary.
- Monitor and manage PO delivery achievement.
- Develop supplier relationships to increase competitiveness and mitigate risk.
- Resolve all queries with suppliers to ensure on time delivery to cost, quality and schedule adherence.
- Develop and agree a negotiating strategy with internal project stakeholders, then lead and negotiate agreements with the suppliers.
- Contribute to ensure suppliers are meeting targets on key performance metrics.
- Ability to interact with a wide selection of staff in our cross-functional engagement in the organisation and with our suppliers.
- Ability to think and express themselves clearly and succinctly. Material would be generated through the standard Microsoft tools and competence is essential particularly in Word and Excel.
- Ability to speak and express themselves clearly and succinctly.
- Ability to research, assemble an argument, debate in an open-minded way, and reach a conclusion in a mutually-beneficial way both in our organisation and with suppliers.
- Must be comfortable with, at times, standing firm on a decision and implementing same.
- To be CIPS qualified, or currently enrolled and studying for same.
- Experience of working an ERP system such as SAP.
- A working familiarity with the terminology associated with COTS hardware and software.
- Ability to review and guide teams on software licence content.
- Must be able to multi-task and support numerous (and different) bids and projects at the same time.