Fermanagh, County Fermanagh
11 months ago
Job Title: Purchasing Officer (6 month FTC)
A highly successful and growing manufacturer are actively recruiting to a Purchasing Officer to support within a fast paced supply chain environment.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Purchase and expedite delivery of raw materials, equipment, supplies, spare parts, and services to maintain continuous and efficient plant operations.
- Deal with day-to-day internal and external purchasing queries quickly and efficiently
- Obtain quotes from suppliers and ensure the optimum balance is achieved on price and delivery times
- Process orders efficiently and expedite outstanding orders
- Process invoice queries
- Compile, store and retrieve purchasing records on SAP system
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with external stakeholders and suppliers
- Build and maintain positive working relationships within the business, ensuring communications are effective at all times keeping them informed on order status
- Ensure Health & Safety and Environmental standards and targets are met and maintained within defined company procedures and legislative requirements.
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Background in customer service, account management, sales environment. Supply chain/Procurement desirable
- Proactive attitude, with the ability to work independently
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a market leader; offering the opportunity to work with a range of household names within FMCG.
To apply, please send your CV or call Anne Oxton on 01617071516. Please note - if you haven't received feedback within 5 days of application you have not been successful on this occasion.