Ellesmere Port, Cheshire
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Dependent on Experience
7 months ago
Job Title: Packaging Procurement Manager
Salary: Competitive; with bonus and benefits package
Location: Elton, Cheshire or Derrylin, County Fermanagh
Encirc is unique. From the manufacturing of container glass, to modern filling facilities, to warehousing & logistics, they are the only company to offer customers a complete supply-chain service.
Encirc are actively recruiting for a Packaging Procurement Manager to be based out of their world class facilities at either Elton or Derrylin and manage an overall spend of circa. £30million across three sites: Elton, Derrylin and Italy. Fundamental to this role will for the individual to be a strong leadership figure, with the ability to influence at all levels to effectively deliver within this role and a great opportunity within Encirc.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing the annual packaging spend, suppliers and procurement processes for both the Encirc glass and beverage businesses
- Negotiating contracts that ensure competitive prices for all purchases
- Developing a "Packaging Strategy" that is aligned to our customers and legislation
- Developing key internal relationships with other departments
- Developing the packaging budget each year
- Analysis of supply base understanding marketplace, key Global/European/UK suppliers, market complexity, and optimised deal structures to deliver optimum value
- Lead supplier reviews to manage supplier performance and drive a continuous improvement agenda
- Leading a packaging improvement team as a platform for creating value in the supply chain and working closely with the other business units packaging improvement team to achieve synergies where possible.
- Providing regular monthly reports on the packaging category
Key Skills Required
- Demonstrated category management experience specifically with packaging
- Strong supplier and stakeholder management skills with a proven ability to manage projects, successfully resolving issues and utilising internal network and relationships to reach solutions
- Demonstrated experience of leading the delivery of end to end Procurement projects
- Knowledge of commercial purchasing procedures and strong negotiation experience
- Knowledge of legislation with the ability to negotiate and implement robust contracts
- Experience with SAP, or other similar programs would be beneficial
- Accreditation from the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply while not essential is a benefit
- Experienced in managing suppliers to deliver the business KPIs and plan
- Ability to travel within the role where necessary
- Ability to work autonomously, and make decisions in confidence
- Driven and motivated individual with a desire to progress
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a world class facility with a company that prides itself on creating an inspiring environment for employees, generating an ethos of entrepreneurial spirit and rewarding opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised by Morson International on behalf of Encirc. Morson International are Encirc's recruitment partner. Any applications sent directly, or any unsolicited applications from agencies will be forwarded to Morson International.
To apply, please send your CV or call Tom Wowk on 0161 707 1516. Please note - if you haven't received feedback within 5 days of application you have not been successful on this occasion.