£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
8 months ago
Job Title: Purchasing Manager
Salary: £40,000 + benefits
An experienced individual is required to manage a 3-4 strong purchasing team within this fast -paced and fast-growing business. Our client is a B2B decorative lighting supplier to the global hotel and cruise ship marketplace with manufacturing in UK, Europe and China. The purchasing team annual expenditure is considerable and growing. The individual will be responsible for a variety of key purchasing functions as outlined below and will need to manage their team effectively. The new person coming in must be a strong communicator, have excellent management skills and have a strong background in purchasing/procurement, preferably with experience working with China. The purchasing function is absolutely paramount to the success of the business in ensuring that the sales and project teams can work effectively to properly service the global client base.
Duties and Responsibilities to include:
- To be responsible for the day to day management of the purchasing team to include work cover and distribution, planning of individual roles and responsibilities, appraisals and performance evaluation and to ensure that the team works cohesively and effectively.
- Be responsible for the overall management of catalogue stock within the Blackpool warehouse and to be responsible for all stock re orders as and when required.
- Carry out continuous assessment of stock levels with a constant link to the sales side of the business to ensure all future orders can be fulfilled.
- Manage the team to fulfil all stock requirements for standard stock and specific projects.
- Continuously review custom project stock requirements with Head of Projects and Head of Product and Sourcing
- Manage the overall supplier production schedule to ensure on time delivery across all project and stock requirements. This will require regular communication with the Chinese factory production teams.
- Liaise with all organisations within the supply chain (UK, Europe and China)
- Attend daily meetings at head office with the middle management team to get a continuous overview of all business requirements.
- Communicate regularly with local sub- contractors in UK.
- Assist and play a part in the Value Stream Mapping of the overall purchasing process in order to eliminate any inefficiencies.
- Prepare regular data to report to the Directors and the Head of Product & Sourcing for monthly meetings.
- Liaise with the Chinese factory on a weekly basis from the UK via Skype to ensure that production schedules are managed and that specific project related purchasing requirements are also managed. Direct lines of communication will be needed with China on a daily basis.
- Travel to visit factories within the company supply chain will be required. This will be on an ad hoc basis and may require occasional travel to China.
- Maintain a constant understanding of all sales requirements across the business to ensure maximum customer service at all times.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
- Strong background in purchasing and procurement
- Purchasing experience in China and other overseas markets is desirable
- Ideally some experience in purchasing a technical product
- Ability to read engineering drawings is preferred
- Must be a strong communicator
- Good experience of managing a team
- Excellent IT skills with strong knowledge of all major Microsoft programmes
- Resilient and hard working
For further information contact Jack Dawkins - /01617-.071-.516