£35000 - £45000 per annum
9 months ago
Job Title: Purchasing Manager
Sector: Electrical/ Industrial Manufacturing
Currently working with an expanding electrical manufacturing business in the Lancashire region, who due considerable growth, have created a Purchasing Manager role. The role will look to manage a small team of up to 4 staff, looking after the direct spend across manufacturing facilities in the UK, as well as Europe and the Far East.
Role and Responsibilities:
- To be responsible for the day to day management of the purchasing team to include work cover and distribution, planning of individual roles and responsibilities, appraisals and performance evaluation and to ensure that the team works cohesively and effectively
- Be responsible for the overall management of stock within the warehouse and to be responsible for all stock re orders as and when required.
- Carry out continuous assessment of stock levels with a constant link to the sales side of the business to ensure all future orders can be fulfilled
- Manage the overall supplier production schedule to ensure on time delivery across all project and stock requirements. This will require regular communication with the Far East
- Liaise with all organisations within the supply chain (UK, Europe and China)
- Travel to visit factories within the company supply chain will be required. This will be on an ad hoc basis and may require occasional travel to the Far East
Skills and Qualifications Required:
- Strong background in purchasing and procurement
- Purchasing experience of Far East Sourcing and other Overseas Markets is desirable
- Ideally some experience in purchasing a technical product
- Ability to read engineering drawings is preferred
- Must be a strong communicator
- Good experience of managing a team
- Excellent IT skills with strong knowledge of all major Microsoft programmes
- Resilient and hard working
The company prides itself on creating an inspiring environment for employees, generating an ethos of entrepreneurial spirit and rewarding opportunities. There are definite long term career options for the right candidate, plus a great environment to work in.
To apply, please email a copy of your most up to date CV or call Tom Wowk on 0161 707 1516 for more details.