Up to £11.43 per hour
3 months ago
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work for a large manufacturing company based in Hilsea as a Purchase Ledger Clerk. The jobholder will ensure that the Purchase ledger is maintained and controlled in order to effectively control the flow of payments and ensure that company policies are adhered to in regards to supplier payments. The jobholder will offer cover and support to the Wages Supervisor in times of holiday and absence.
Duties will involve;
- Responsible for the integrity of the Purchase ledger system parameters.
- GRN matching with invoices and orders.
- Processing invoices from receipt onto the purchase ledger.
- Production of a monthly electronic payment run, ensuring all control procedures are met.
- Liaison with external suppliers regarding payments and queries.
- Ensuring all invoice queries are resolved in a timely manner to ensure relationships between suppliers are maintained.
- Production of a monthly purchase reserve, to ensure an accurate stock position.
- Maintenance of nominal ledger incorporating processing invoices and raising manual cheques.
- To ensure adequate knowledge of payroll system so as to offer cover for the payroll supervisor during holiday or absence.
No formal qualification is required but a good general standard of education to 'A' level or equivalent is preferred. The successful candidate will have previous experience working in a purchase ledger role in a Manufacturing environment. Experience of using a payroll system would be an advantage.
The successful applicant will have good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate to colleagues of all levels. You will be able to grasp new processes and systems quickly. You will be numerate with good PC skills and the ability to plan ahead. You will be able to organise personal workload and work largely unsupervised and be resilient under pressure from external credit control functions. You will also have the ability to show discretion with confidential payroll information.
The role is working a 9-day fortnight Monday to Friday 7.30am to 4.15pm with every other Friday off.
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.