8 months ago
We currently have a requirement for a Propulsion Technician to work for our prestigious military and defence client based in Stevenage. This is a 6 month contract initially and will most likely require the successful candidate to work a double day shift pattern.
The double day shift pattern entails a week of earlys, 6am-2pm. Then a week of lates, 2pm-10pm. Whilst on this shift you will be earning £22.80 per hour LTD. This is a 20% uplift on the standard day shift rate of £19 per hour LTD.
Outline Job Profile:
To work from electronic work instructions and drawings to produce satellite propulsion systems and assemblies.
To record information within appendices and on electronic production system.
To work in accordance with Local, Company and Project specific methods and procedures including relevant cleanroom and cleanliness requirements.
* Ability to work from drawings and electronic work instructions
* Knowledge of satellite structure assemblies or similar
* Fitting, bonding, general assembly
* Experience of working to methods and procedures used
* Working from detailed work instructions or similar
* Working to procedures with checkpoints
* Previous experience in other industries such as Aerospace mechanical fitter, close tolerance sheet metal worker, time served mechanical technician
* Modern apprenticeship
* Experience from F1/ Motorsport and Automotive will be considered however experience preferred within Aerospace
* Ability to work in confined spaces above floor level
* Experience of method and procedures used with Airbus
* Orbital Welding would be a plus
This role involves shift work. The most frequently used shift pattern is -
Mon to Fri Earlies 06:00hrs to 14:00 hrs
Mon to Fri Lates 14:00 hrs to 22:00 hrs
Some weekend working Saturday or Sunday, following Mon to Fri shift pattern, may be required at peak times.