3 months ago
PROPULSION PRODUCT ENGINEER - 6 month contract, Harwell Oxford
Our client is seeking a Product Propulsion Engineer to work within their Propulsion Engineering Team in Harwell. This role is to act as a Technical point of contact between the company, suppliers and customers for their propulsion products. The successful candidate will:
- Work with a team of talented and passionate engineers to tackle difficult problems and push the boundaries of in-space propulsion;
- Take responsibility for the propulsion equipment selected for the subsystem e monopropellant/bi-propellant thrusters, electric thrusters (HETS GIEs etc) propellant tanks, pressurant tanks, fluidic components and technical follow-up with suppliers for the equipment qualification and procurement.
- Support propulsion architects and subsystem technical leads with technical document preparation for projects, studies and bids;
- Provide technical input to future propulsion developments and contribute to continuous improvement of our products, systems and processes.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Provide technical input to the design and development of new chemical propulsion subsystems for satellites/product lines. This will include, but not be limited to:
- Managing the technical requirements specification (URD) for chemical propulsion equipment and interface with the equipment supplier/s
- Evaluating supplier proposal reviews in TEBs and supporting propulsion equipment definition and selection;
- Preparing technical documentation for the solution through the different project life cycle milestones & reviews (PDR, CDR, QR etc)
- Interpreting mission/customer specific and generic system level requirements and establishing technical requirements for the equipment of the subsystem
- Perform ad-hoc additional duties that will arise from time to time that are consistent with the nature of this position
KEY SKILLS / PROVEN ABILITY;
- Demonstrated knowledge of state of the art chemical and/or electric propulsion subsystem technologies.
- Demonstrated knowledge/ability in space projects at different stages of the lifecycle from Phase 0/A to Phase D/E.
- Collaborating in a multi-discipline and international team environment
- Previous ability in design and/or testing of in-space propulsion components such as chemical thrusters (monoprop, biprop) electric thrusters (eg. HETs, GIEs..) tanks, valves, or subsystems
- Good communication and influencing skills to build productive relationships with colleagues and stakeholders;
- While specific knowledge of the French and Italian languages is not a prerequisite for this position it would be advantageous to facilitate activities organisation.