8 months ago
We seek a CFD engineer to work on a space propulsion project. The successful candidate will ideally have a proven ability using EcosimPro for computational fluid dynamic modelling. Flowmaster, Matlab, or other CFD modelling tools will also be acceptable as it's the familiarity with CFD modelling that is important.
AT THE COAL FACE / TASKS / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Tackling difficult problems and pushing the boundaries of in-space propulsion.
- Undertaking analytical tasks required to justify the design and validate performance of electric and chemical propulsion subsystems.
- Constructing fluid flow models using specialised software (EcosimPro) and running simulations to characterise flow pressure drops and transient effects in the subsystem
- Prepare performance analysis reports (Propellant flow/pressure drop characterisation and transients, pressurant analysis, etc).
- Support propulsion architects and subsystem technical leads with technical document preparation for projects, studies and bids;
- Provide technical input to future propulsion developments and contribute to continuous improvement of our products, systems and processes.
- Modelling propulsion hardware component in specialised software (EcosimPro / other CFD tool).
- Integration of component models to build simulator of the complete propulsion subsystem.
- Maintain analysis models documentation and writing of model justification documents.
- Carrying model verification & validation (e.g. w.r.t to test data).
- Writing model user manuals.
- Communicate simulation results to decision maker together with model credibility level.
- Collect key design inputs required to run analyses.
- Development and improvement of new analysis tools in specialised fluidic software (e.g. EcosimPro), and also in Excel, MATLAB, and Python.
- Performance analyses in support of non-conformance review board.
- Prepare/update subsystem analysis reports through the different project life cycle milestones & reviews (PDR, CDR, QR etc)
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / PROVEN ABILITY
- EcosimPro or other CFD modelling tool Flowmaster etc
- Matlab & Excel
- Seasoned in Fluid Dynamics Compressible flows, Hydraulic flow modelling etc