£15.40 - £19.50 per hour
4 months ago
JOB TITLE: Proposals Engineer
REPORTS TO: Sales Office Manager
JOB PURPOSE: - Preparation of station and major project quotations according to
customer enquiry and the technical and commercial support and coordination
of order processing hand-over for all project related orders.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a Proposals Engineer, the role assumes full technical and commercial responsibility for
the preparation of quotations according to client enquiry. Quotations may be prepared
based on standard price lists, contract pricing, or may be bespoke requiring extensive
estimation of material, labour and design costs. In general, quotations will cover stations
and projects but bids comprising products and spares may also be prepared.
The role will require to work as a facilitator, to ensure that the appropriate team can
provide input to the enquiry. From familiarity with the quotation and any clarifications
raised during the bid process, processing/hand-over of the order to projects will ensure
efficiency and accuracy.
* Technical support for external Regional Sales Managers.
* Preparation of quotations and proposals varying from Standard stations to bespoke
designs (typical values ranging from £25,000 to £500,000).
* Design of modules, specification of materials and equipment in line with client
* Technical and Commercial evaluation of enquiries
* Technical and commercial liaison with clients and all other parts of the company.
* Technical and commercial evaluation of orders
* Processing of orders, or where appropriate on larger projects to ensure a smooth handover
to the projects team.
* Specification Sheet Generation
* Short BOM AND Work Order
* Data entry and updates on Business System and Database
* Technical evaluations of Client requirements.
* Review of orders to involve Hands-on activity relating to equipment specifications,
equipment selection and the production of technical and commercial documentation.
Issue No AND date
* To liase with clients prior to and during the quotation process. Continued contact
during the order process in order to confirm scope of work, equipment specifications
and delivery schedule
* To liase with Purchasing in order to obtain supplier quotations for materials and
* To liase with Production to agree labour costs
* To liase with Engineering to agree CAD/Project Engineering costs
* To provide a professional image of company in all external contact and
* To provide guidance and information to other personnel within who are involved in the
preparation of information and documentation for inclusion in orders.
* To ensure that all order activities are properly documented to meet internal and
* To assist in the hand-over and transition of successful quotations to Project
SKILLS AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Clear Internal and External written and verbal Communications at all levels
Computer skills inc. Microsoft Office and company business system
Interpretation of Technical drawings
Interpretation and evaluation of Technical Specifications
Knowledge of Standards and Specifications relating to Natural Gas Systems and
Ability to work on own initiative
CAD skills would be an advantage
The ideal candidate will be HNC/ONC/BTec educated within a Mechanical Engineering
or Process Engineering discipline. A minimum of 2 to 5 years experience operating in
a technical/commercial role within the petrochemical, oil and gas or process industries
Pay rate = £15.40/hr PAYE or £19.50LTD