Up to £0.00 per annum
3 months ago
Proposal Development - Bid Writer
Reports to: Proposal Director/Manager.
Salary guide - £40,000 - 50,000 PA
Experience and Skills:
* Experience in developing and writing compelling proposals within the fields of facilities management, equipment supply and support, operational support and/or programme management.
* Experience in the proposal development process, including question analysis, client requirements analysis, evaluation criteria analysis, development of the story board, drafting the proposal with supporting graphics and documentation, proposal review and correction, final copywriting
* Ability and experience in mentoring and supporting SMEs to produce and improve written proposals
* Ability to interview and extract content and solutions from SMEs and turn these into compelling written proposals
* Ability to collaborate effectively with team members and the wider business
* Good organisational skills and the ability to deliver to timeframes
* Good written, oral, comprehension and presentational skills to enable effective communication with management and customers
* Ability to work independently, keeping management adequately informed
* Ability to work with a wide range of people with differing skills and experience
* Wider awareness of the public sector market and the flexibility to deploy their skills to other projects
* Awareness of other competitors in the facilities management, major equipment supply and support, operational support and/or programme management
* Experience in general proposal development at a variety of scales
Core Responsibilities and Duties
General: Working within Business Acquisition area as part of a bid or project team(s):
* To develop compliant and compelling proposals in response to major bid opportunities (e.g. £10m-£1bn+) including all the aspects of people, systems and processes
* To ensure the effective articulation and write up of these solutions into a compelling technical response to major bid opportunities
* Delivering any outputs requested by line management at an individual level or as part of a group
* Working on any tasks requested by line management at an individual level or as part of a group
· Any other duties that are commensurate with the role
* Flexibility - Be adaptable in responding to change and uncertainty to deliver what is needed and add value.
* Building Relationships - Be able to engage with and maintain productive relationships with a diverse team
* Communication skills - Be articulate and engaging. Demonstrate ability across different styles for example, passionate, empathetic, assertive, reflective etc.
* Self-motivation - Be able to add value without being prompted. Take responsibility for actions and provide support as needed.
Transferrable Competencies for this role.
* Influencing - establishes communication channels, actively listens, clarifies, gives/seeks feedback, clear and concise, persuasive/negotiates with others.
* People Management - fosters team/individual performance, achieves results, sets targets and reviews against them, leads, motivates and empowers others, deals with issues, coaches and encourages others.
* Organisational skills - plans well in advance, sets clear objectives, manages time/delegates, reviews progress against plan, ensures sufficient resources, encourages improvements.
* Results orientation - satisfies internal/external customers, effective performance management, addresses cross functional issues and technical issues, knowledge of systems and processes.
* Interpersonal skills - builds positive relationships, demonstrates emotionally stability, confident in own ability, approachable to all staff, shows respect and tolerance.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
Please note that experience in the field of facilities management is a priority area for this role
* Hold, have held or eligible to apply for UK based Security Clearance
* Have 5 years or more experience in Bid Writing, in the fields of facilities management, major equipment supply and support, operational support and/or programme management
* Bid Writing for Public Sector and Defence Sector facilities management, major equipment supply and support, operational support and/or programme management
The holiday entitlement for this role is 28 days per annum There are no commissions overtime payment shift or unsocial hours payments hazardous duties payments and there are no stamps or vouchers or any other renumeration
Please send CV