Up to £0.00 per annum
about 1 month ago
We are seeking an administration assistant to join a busy and growing team of nineteen property managers and one senior administrator. The team manages a portfolio or approximately 2000 properties across London and the number is set to rise significantly during the course of the coming year. We are seeking an experienced administrator to hit the ground running to provide support and assistance to the senior administrator and the property managers. The role requires excellent organisational skills, the ability to communicate articulately over the phone and in writing and taking a hands-on and proactive approach to the role.
- Instruct gas and electrical safety inspections each month and upload reports as and when received to Reapit
- Update system with gas and electrical safety certificates as and when received, including emailing copy certificates to tenants
- Open incoming post on a daily basis, date stamp and scan. Work through this including sending anything relevant to property managers, sending invoices/bills to accounts for payment and querying any bills for landlords.
- Send requests to accounts for monthly council tax payments for vacant properties
- Request up-to-date public liability insurance certificates from contractors on a regular basis, updating Reapit & contractor spreadsheet database with certificate details
- Review void property council tax bills on a monthly basis & let accounts know if instalment payments need to be made
- Request refunds for overpayments of council tax and utilities as and when received
- Respond to query emails from utility providers as and when required
- Register landlords for Rent Protection
- De-registered Tenancy Deposits with TDS.
- Any ad-hoc duties as and when required to support the property management team
Skills, Experience and Knowledge
Confident with liaising with applicants via phone, email and letter
- Ability to work under pressure with a degree of flexibility and to take control of own workload
- Excellent interpersonal skills - good communication between departments and with tenants and applicants is essential
- Excellent organisational and IT skills
Administration experience is required
Experience within a property management/lettings environment is preferred but not a necessity