Manchester, Greater Manchester
19 days ago
Job Title: Assistant Player Care Technician
Location: North West (travel between properties as required)
Salary: Competitive; plus excellent benefits package
To assist the Player Care Property Technicians with day to day maintenance issues, emergency breakdown attendance of equipment, assisting with house moves and general building management and senior management residential properties.
* Maintain good working relations with players, families, agents and staff
* Assist in responding to emergencies and calls for assistance.
* Cover periods of leave and absence of Player Care Property Technicians
* Maintain accurate records of visits, costs in line with the service level agreement
* Identify needs of players and families and respond accordingly
* Experience in varied building maintenance and decoration
* Good understanding of domestic installations, including TV, AV and security systems
* Familiarity with the local area & appropriate facilities & services
* Willingness to undertake extensive travel
* Ability to source and utilise manufacturer's instructions to undertake remedial repairs
* Computer literacy and familiarity with Microsoft office or similar packages
* Experience and knowledge of an elite sporting environment (preferable)
* Trustworthy with integrity; capable of being privy to extremely confidential information without disclosure
* Excellent organisational skills and an ability to work with total discretion
* A demonstrated commitment to high professional standards in a diverse workplace
* Excellent skills in communication verbal & written
* Knowledge of foreign languages, spoken and written (desirable)
* The ability to make sound decisions in a timely manner and practical approach to problem solving
* Professional appearance
* Calm and composed under pressure
* A commitment to driving forward continuous improvement in their working environment
* Excellent personal qualities such as communication skills, the ability to work in a team environment, self-motivation and enthusiasm.
* The successful candidate should exhibit pride in performance and possess high standards in the provision of service to Manchester United's internal and external customers
* A willingness to work flexible hours in accordance with the demands of the role
* Full driving license
Ensure compliance with the company's safeguarding policy by completing the DBS process for work in a regulatory activity or at a regulatory environment.
Identify and meet the needs of colleagues and our customers, focusing on initiating and welcoming contact and communication whilst striving to deliver first class customer service.
Recognise potential complaint situations and make effective steps to avoid and/or resolve these situations.
To undertake any necessary internal or external training sessions in accordance with the Company's Performance and Development Review Policy and to take personal responsibility to seek opportunities to develop yourself and to realise your own potential.
To assist with the provision of the training and development of colleagues as required.
Ensure effective communication within your work team and actively offer support and guidance as necessary.
Security / Stock Control
Ensure compliance with all of the Company's security, stock control, loss prevention and key holder procedures.
Equal Opportunities and Harassment
Ensure understanding, awareness and compliance with the Company's Equal Opportunities and Harassment Policies.
Health and Safety
Ensure understanding, awareness and compliance at all times with Company Health, Safety and Environmental Policy.
Hours of Work
There are no set working hours and the employee will be required to work such times and such periods as are necessary for the proper fulfilment of their duties according to the operational requirements of the department or demands of the business.
This document is a guide only. The employee must undertake any other duties as may be reasonably assigned by the Property Liaison Manager, the Head of Player Care and Football Management from time to time.
Manchester United Football Club Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer and recognises the importance of safeguarding children and adults at risk in our work place
Interviews will take place on Tuesday 8th July & Wednesday 9th July.
To apply, please send your CV or call Anne Oxton on 01617071516. Please note - if you haven't received feedback within 5 days of application you have not been successful on this occasion.