£575.00 - £625.00 per day
22 days ago
Our client is a major telecoms company who is looking for a Strategic Proof of Concept Project Manager for an initial 6 month engagement based in London.
- Responsible for managing the delivery of individual procurements which support Architecture's transformation and/or business roadmaps
- Proactively work with teams that span multiple business areas
- Plan, drive and coordinate the procurement activity and demonstrate high levels of ownership and initiative
- Implement IT Architecture processes and ways of working into executable project
plans. Ensure these are adhered to and provide early visibility of any gaps
The PM is required to:
- engage with all key Stakeholders across the business and maintain these relationships
- create detailed schedules for the procurement activities and track progress
- ensure dependencies are identified & managed
- Where necessary, facilitate logistics associated with the various stages of
procurement (e.g. PoCs, Evaluations, meetings)
- Provide updates and reports as requested and in the approved format
Responsible for procurements relating to component parts/sub sections of IT
architecture transformational change (up to £15m)
Understand (at a high level) the transformation benefits relating to individual
procurements and align the project plan to meet these
Recognised as a highly competent and pragmatic project manager with a
track record of solid delivery
Must be able to deal with a varied audience including SME's and Directors
Able to operate at pace, quickly developing a good understanding of the problem and outcomes
Must be able to respond appropriately and flexibly.
Experienced in using a range of project management approaches to drive towards the best outcomes
Experienced in operating governance processes in large organisations
Must have excellent attention to detail, finisher/completer skills. Own tasks, actions and plans through to completion
Previous telecoms experience is highly desirable.
PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE IS INSIDER IR35 AND WHILST LONDON BASED, WILL BE REMOTE FOR THE FORESEEABLE FUTURE.