£24.00 - £28.00 per hour + negotiable
12 days ago
Project Controller required with a good level of experience in financial & project control domains preferably in a large project &/or manufacturing environment. High level of knowledge of Excel & Microsoft Office applications. Knowledge of SAP working environment an advantage
The purpose of the role is to:
* Report to the UK Financial Controller
* Support the operational managers in achieving time, cost & performance objectives on their projects
* Responsible for workload & headcount planning in line with the business requirements
* Responsible for some cost controlling & financial reporting working with the Controlling team
* Monitor & analyse the MAIT contribution to programs (time, cost, resources) & the usage of facilities
* Support performance management & improvement initiatives
The key responsiblities are:
* Responsible for cost controlling, financial analysis & reporting with the Controlling team.
* Deliver financial forecasting, project estimates at completion, budgetary planning & actual vs. budget variances.
* Support the operational managers in achieving time, cost & performance objectives working in close co-operation with finance, program controlling, HR & resource controller
* Monitor & analyse the MAIT contribution to programs (time, cost, resources) & the usage of facilities. Deliver reports to the MAIT managers providing KPI's & support for inputs to the Management Business Reviews.
* Responsible for collecting & analysing the monthly workload/headcount data for assessment & agreement of the current and future workload. This includes recruitment planning data & to ensure the resource requirements (Perms and Temps) from resource managers match the current/future business line workload forecast from SAP.
* Working in close relationship with MAIT Management and HR Business Partner to ensure that the data is collated in good time each month and fully understood. The department workload is then assessed, supported by appropriate action from the respective resource managers, through strong guidance from the Workload & Cost Engineer to release heads or drive recruitment.
* Support the operational team in capital investment applications & progressing these to completion
* Support performance management & improvement, performance against budgets/targets, highlighting variances & risks & opportunities
* Support workload planning & resource requirements
REQUIRED QUALIFICATION LEVEL
* You will have as a minimum HNC in a business or financial discipline & exemplary communication skills
* 5+ years proven in a financial / project management or manufacturing environment
* Project Controlling - to budget and schedule
WORKING ENVIRONMENT / INDUSTRY
* Space, Aerospace, Manufacturing Sector ideal or any other Engineering sector
- Confident communicator
- Open minded, creative and proactive mind set
- Strong ability to engage and work with members of the team
- Shows initiative
- Excellent presentation skills
- Able to work without supervision
* Security clearance to SC level