Bolton, Greater Manchester
£20.00 - £28.00 per hour
3 months ago
Purpose of Job
The Projects Quality Inspectors role is responsible for ensuring that all work carried out is in line with the company quality requirements, and in accordance with our Quality System.
Product quality is consistently high with deviations recorded and managed promptly
Straightforward traceability of paperwork and records Customer service and client satisfaction levels high Ensure company and clients quality expectations are met
* To highlight and communicate any deviance's at the earliest opportunity.
* Liaise with Clients inspection teams to perform verification of in-process products.
* Produce daily, weekly and ad-hoc surveillance reports as required.
* To ensure inspection and test plan documentation is completed and filed in accordance with company, customer and QA procedures. To advise and discuss any recommended or applied changes with the relevant Manager as necessary.
* To be responsible for the completion / collation of all inspection, NDT and any associated documents and report back to the appropriate Manager, any defects or non-conforming products.
* To support and actively contribute to any SHEQ Departmental improvement, root cause analysis, problem resolution or any other relevant meetings as required.
* To assist in the production of contract specific documentation.
* To assist with the control / monitoring of the Company's welding documentation / system.
* Any other ad hoc duties as may be required and as are commensurate with the grade of the post
* Formal quality qualification i.e. BSI Diploma in Quality Management
* Weld inspection qualifications
* Ideally be able to use basic inspection equipment such as micrometers,
* Ideally have some experience working in a nuclear / defence industry
* Ideally have an engineering qualification / apprentice training
* Ideally be able to produce QA documents
Stakeholders within / outside the business