£20.00 - £28.00 per hour
about 1 month ago
Morson International are currently looking to recruit a Project Support Officer on behalf of our defence client based in Plymouth.
The aim for this position is to drive a significant increase in value added time within Submarines at Devonport, through fixing the frustrations at the waterfront, removing blockers and enabling work to be undertaken.
The team is split into work streams, each supporting improvement activities throughout the business unit. The team is now in the delivery phase which includes supporting short term fixes to enable work on HMS Vanguard, as well as long term strategic improvements for HMS Victorious and beyond.
Initially a 6 month contact with an opportunity to go permanent
Main Purpose of Role
The Project Support Officer will play a supporting role in ensuring PPM work packages/projects meet objectives on time by working with personnel who work within the respective process. This person will support on the changes to business processes, systems and technology.
* Provide support to the PPM Project Manager to deliver key improvement activities through assisting with coaching of managers and the workforce to help staff through the change process.
* Support project teams in integrating change management activities into their project plans.
* Supporting the creation and implementation of change management strategies and plans ensuring employee adoption and usage.
* Working collaboratively within Devonport across different levels to succeed.
* Support the identification, analysis and preparation of risk mitigation tactics
* Define and measure success metrics and monitor change progress and track and report issues
* Support change management at the organisational level
Required Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Competences Essential
* Good communication skills, both written and verbal - be credible and engaging.
* Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project life-cycle
* Ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences
* Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships
* Resilient and tenacious (with the ability to recognise when to take a pragmatic approach)
* Problem solving and root cause identification skills
* Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others
* Understanding of organisational issues and challenges
* IT - MS Vision, MS Project
* Knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools