Up to £16.50 per hour
27 days ago
Project Support Officer; Reading; £16.50/hr PAYE Contract
Responsible for providing a comprehensive and effective support service to pperations and bid and project management teams to ensure that all aspects of back office and project governance are in place.
The role operates within the context of the Project Management Office and activities will typically feature providing support to project control, planning, ERP administration, general project co-ordination, document / data control, communications and stakeholder liaison.
* Bid and Project Management Teams (especially Project Management Office)
* Cross-organisational stakeholders (such as other functions; Engineering, Sales &
* Business managers
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
* Project Support Co-Ordination and Administration
* Ensure the accuracy of bid / project data and provide summarised information for consideration and analysis.
* ERP administration responsibilities such as contract creation, amendments and closure
* Sales order administration including invoicing.
* The role will also involve occasional ad-hoc duties that are not listed above but are necessary to respond to the needs of the business. These ad-hoc duties will be consistent with the nature of a Bid & Project Support Officer position within the company.
Key Performance Indicators against Responsibilities and Tasks (professional only):
Key Performance Indicators are role specific;
They are to be added to this job description when working with resourcing to provide a final project version.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, such as Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
Accuracy of reporting and the ability to present data in a clear, summarised fashion at a level appropriate to the needs of the particular task
A positive attitude combined with excellent interpersonal skills
Attention to detail
Awareness of bid and project management phases and lifecycles
Business and commercial awareness
Good communication skills at all levels
The ability to manage conflicting deadlines and priorities
The ability to operate across organisational boundaries - in a matrix-style organisation
The ability to be flexible and provide a helpful, positive approach to the requirements of the role
* Ability to analyse and interpret data, resolving anomalies where they arise
* Ability to work under pressure adhering to strict deadlines
* Comfortable working unsupervised
* Experience of providing practical support to bid / project management teams in a Project Management Office context for a multi-departmental, matrix-style organisation.
* This experience should lead to a demonstrable knowledge of the typical support requirements of a Project Management administration service (for example; project control, contract and sales order administration, customer interface, stakeholder management).
* Understanding and use of ERP (B1 Oracle)
* Maths and English GCSE
Morson is acting as a recruitment business in relation to this vacancy