Irlam, Greater Manchester
7 months ago
Morson are the UK's leading technical recruitment agency, with over 40 years' experience, a turnover in excess of £800 million and offices across the world, we supply engineers and technical expertise to some of the world's biggest brands. We are looking for a Commercial Officer for our sister company Morson Projects, a successful engineering business who offer a range of engineering services to a diverse client base in sectors including aerospace, power & automation, nuclear and asset care and technical support services.
We are looking for a driven, enthusiastic Project Support Administrator to join the team based at our offices in Irlam. Reporting to the Commercial Manager, this role is responsible for providing project and commercial support to all departments. This is a pivotal role in the day-to-day management of the business and requires team-working with a proactive and professional approach.
Working as part of a busy team, specific responsibilities in this role include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring adherence to the Commercial Process using a tracker
- Supporting all Project Managers with the Project Set Up process
- Assuming responsibility for the Commercial Project folder for each project, ensuring all documentation is saved and stored correctly
- Ensuring all project information is reported correctly
- Providing ad-hoc support to Project Management as required for project support and reporting activities
- Liaising with clients to resolve queries
- Generating and maintaining spend trackers for larger projects
- Assisting in preparation of the Finance Report ahead of the monthly meeting
- Generating charge out instructions for month end invoicing, ensuring accuracy of charge rate, hours, and task numbers
- Identifying opportunities for process improvement and work with other areas of the business on continuous improvement projects
The ideal candidate for this role will have previous experience in a fast-paced project support role, but this is not essential as full training will be given. Excellent communication skills, and the ability to communicate with stakeholders of all levels, is key. A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel, is required, and the successful candidate must be highly numerate, able to do mathematical calculations with ease and use Excel formulae.
Commitment and hard work is rewarded with a competitive salary, 26 days holiday (plus bank holidays), great benefits, and an employee health and wellbeing programme. Our company culture is second-to-none, with a real family ethos and focus on looking after every single employee. You can read more about what it's like to work for Morson at www.morson.com/careers.
Morson International is an equal opportunities employer and respects diversity. In order to apply for this role, you must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
The Morson Group is committed to equal opportunities.
The Morson Group is signed up to the Jobcentre employment service's 'Disability Confident Scheme'. This means that any applicant considering themselves to have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job (see person specification) will be guaranteed an interview.
We are actively seeking to increase the diversity of our workforce to reflect the local community
Due to the number of applications we receive, it's not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.