Up to £48.00 per hour
7 months ago
PROJECT SUPPLY MANAGER
The successful candidate will be required to apply for and receive a basic disclosure certificate prior to commencement of the contract.
DEPARTMENT: Program Procurement Space Systems UK
ENVIROMENT Telecom Payload Projects
Coordinate and represent the whole Procurement organisation in front of the Telecom project team, for the equipment managed. Manage the related Procurement deliverables across all the active projects, ensuring scope alignment on schedule and meeting the cost targets. Consolidate dashboard and the Programme dedicated reporting.
* Lead the procurement team to deliver on time, on cost and on quality for the related equipment
* Define and negotiate procurement Work Packages with the program teams
* Challenge Procurement and Programmes to improve efficiency and execution
* Consolidate and present dashboards and dedicated reporting, including risk, claims and change management.
INTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS Day to day contact with all functions & levels of staff up to programme line board level, within the Business, particularly:
* HO department and project managers
* Commodities, Sub-Commodities, Supply Chain Operations, Supply Quality, Procurement Contracts.
* Finance (Programme Line and Procurement)
* External customer (as required)
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: The holder of this position will be a member of the program procurement team be responsible to:
* Be the key interface between the Payload Projects and the Procurement organization
* Ensure the flow down of the program requirements to the procurement Community
* Produce, agree and support the execution of a Procurement Plan detailing the Procurement and Supply Management commitments for the related equipment
* Ensure coherence between Programs and Procurement matters and as such define and agree the appropriate procurement approach.
* Actively work with the equipment development team, to ensure that the relevant equipment is defined and configured to meet the necessary functional, schedule, commercial and producibility requirements
* Be accountable for OQ OT OC delivery of products and related documentation & services and Customer satisfaction
* Identify and resolve issues impacting on the project schedules and implement corrective action plans as required.
* Report and review procurement performance with Program management regularly, including cost / OT metrics, issues, risks & opportunities
* Track the material and labor cost to the budgeted EAC for the applicable equipment, monitoring and managing variations as appropriate
* Communicate feedback from programs on procurement performance, and drive consequent improvement actions
Required Qualification level: Diploma or degree in electrical, aerospace or mechanical engineering or similar education
Experience Requirement: Experience in compatible industries, with demonstrable experience in the successful management and delivery of technically challenging projects.
Working environment /industry: Defence, Aerospace, Space, Cyber Security and Intelligence
ESSENTIAL REQUIRMENTS: General Requirements:
* A demonstrated competence and experience in the project, procurement or product development management of large and complex systems in a comparable industry
* Knowledge of the current project management tools (DOORS, Ms Project, Excel, Word, PPT)
* Ability to lead negotiations
* Ability to lead a cross-functional team in a multi-national matrix organisation
* Ability to understand the challenges of the program beyond the scope of their own work and take those challenge into account in the execution of the work
* Work style characterised by strong leadership, autonomy, initiative and cooperation
* Experience with institutions and agencies of Government and Industry (e.g MoD, UKSA, ESA)
DESIRABLE REQUIRMENTS: * Experience in managing and delivering 'New Product Introduction' programmes, or
* Experience in managing subcontract technical development programmes, or
* Experience in delivering software development programmes