Birmingham, West Midlands
Up to £445.00 per day
Rail Technical Team
5 months ago
We are looking for a Project Sponsor to work on a contract basis for one of our Rail client. Contract will be based in Birmingham
Role is Inside Scope of IR35
Pay rate up to £445 per day Umbrella
1. Manage proactively at project level within your area of responsibility, and be accountable for all required outcomes including disseminating lessons learnt in accordance with requirements.
2. Manage and build effective relationships at project level to balance the requirements of the client and the industry as a whole. Champion the interests of clients, customers and stakeholders acting as the focal point for escalation with our client.
3. Prepare, develop and review project remits to confirm their viability. Work with stakeholders to establish a scope which optimises requirements, value for money, network availability, capacity for future development and whole life cost.
4. Responsible for the development of the project plan and budget working with the project manager to specify how the project is going to be delivered, expected milestones and associated timescales, resource requirements, risks & issues and funding needs/sources.
5. Prepare business cases and investment papers for your projects.
6. Implement and identify cost efficiencies and improvements to process within your projects. Effectively manage change through the formal control process
7. Manage development of solutions which maintain the national railway 'business as usual' accessibility for our customers.
8. Manage and challenge your project team (Sponsor and Deliverer) on the deliverability, agreed scope, stated timescales and cost parameters. Communicate progress against defined milestones and expectations to appropriate managers and stakeholders. Implementing contingency measures in place where necessary.
9. Manage the negotiations with customers and stakeholders on the project's commercial and contractual terms in accordance with relevant corporate policy and strategy.
10. Implement and comply with the requirements of investment regulations, other corporate governance and the GRIP process. Adhere to corporate processes, including those related to safety (including CDM), finance, legal and corporate affairs.
11. Manage your team to achieve business and functional objectives and meet agreed performance measures. Manage the development, engagement, safety and welfare of yourself and your team.
* Experience of dealing with client projects and liaising with people at all levels
* Ability to articulate complex business problems into manageable work packages and produce logical solutions
* Commercial and financial understanding
* Proven influencing and negotiating skills
* Experience of managing a successful team delivering major complex projects
* Successful relevant experience in project management and sponsorship
* Intermediate Skills: Microsoft word, excel and powerpoint
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
* Educated to a degree level or equivalent
* Member of professional body
* Knowledge of / experience in the railway industry
* Advanced Powerpoint skills