Belfast, County Antrim
Up to £0.00 per annum + Negotiable
5 months ago
An opportunity has arisen for a Project Quality Engineer to join our prestigious Client
Primary Purpose of the Role:
This document describes the main activities required for a Project Quality engineer within the Integrated Airspace-protection Systems (IAS) business. The role is not limited to these activities and where required the role will be required to fulfil other Quality activities in support of the IAS business. The role reports to the IAS Quality Manager.
The purpose of this role is to provide Bid & Project Quality leadership to ensure the successful delivery of defence and space systems to customers in both UK and export markets. The role will require overall project quality management experience to co-ordinate, manage and report on Quality within IAS. To manage and analyse reports to continually improve quality within the project and ensue the quality performance is managed and reported to meet project time-scales.
Interface with the Quality team where necessary to help and resolve resolution of Quality issues.
Maintain and establish effective management of quality and metrics of performance.
This will include management of Quality to support and resolve any non-conformance, improving right first time levels and ensuring effective corrective and preventive actions are implemented to ensure problems do not recur.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Manage quality and customer satisfaction within the IAS Quality structure including Bids, Projects, Operations, Engineering and supplier management.
- Plan and implement Quality Assurance (QA) on assigned projects in accordance with the business reference system - taking into account contract and regulatory requirements, including tender and contract review.
- Work with QA and project team members to assist in meeting objectives, targets and deadlines.
- Generate QA inputs (including formal advice) for project reviews.
- Generate inputs for project/QA manager reports and design reviews.
- Lead project QA activities to ensure that tasks are carried out in accordance with agreed work packages and to the required process.
- Systematically perform QA audit and surveillance activities throughout the lifetime of assigned projects, follow up on any associated issues and non-conformances.
- Be the prime point of contact and offer professional advice for projects on QA matters, to the customer, sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Provide advice and assistance on quality matters to project staff, engineering and operations through proactive participation, during all phases of the project.
- Perform root cause analysis and the analysis of quality metrics and initiate improvements, as applicable
Technical and Professional Skills
- Experience in or knowledge of Quality Management and problem solving skills.
- Experience implementing analysing and leading development of improved processes, methods and tools - improved quality and productivity.
- Experience in working within multi-function teams.
- Experience of Auditing Skills and Professional Standards.
- Experience of team working/ building and communication skills.
- Experience of Configuration Management principals and processes.
- Experience of Engineering process and lifecycles.
- Root Cause & Corrective Action Process knowledge and application.
- An ability to embrace and encourage change.
Personality and Behaviours
- Must be a leader and team player capable of communicating clearly across all functions and levels.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to communicate and drive continuous improvement actions.
- Ability to work cross functionally in the business and Domains.
- A positive attitude combined with excellent interpersonal and motivational skills.
Recognising the restricted nature of the work there is a requirement for the candidate to be eligible to obtain Security Clearance for this role.