£22.43 - £25.12 per annum + PAYE or Umbrella.
about 1 month ago
OUr client BAe are looking for Project Profession to work As part of the Heavy Munitions IDT, supporting a Portfolio Manager, the Project Professional is responsible for the management and execution of a number of tasks or work packages taking a Heavy Munitions product across a phase in its life cycle.
The breadth of projects that the Project Professional maybe responsible for include but are not limited to, bidding and execution of UK MoD P&T Tasks, 3rd Party funded work packages and Internal Process Development/Improvement projects.
Being responsible for the management and execution of the projects/work packages/tasks the Project Professional will be measured by the successful completion of milestones to cost and quality targets by working with both Engineering and Operations to scope and then monitor the progress of projects/work packages/ tasks and where required lead problem solving activities to allow swift resolution of issues, or escalation to the Portfolio Manager for further support.
The role will require interaction with both customers and senior members of the Heavy Munitions IDT, and as such the Project Professional will be able to communicate across all levels and demonstrate an understanding on how their tasks link to the wider Heavy Munitions objectives.
Through the Heavy Munitions reporting structure the Project Professional will prepare using data from the business project control systems prepare regular reports to enable the Portfolio Manager to allow summary reports for the family of products to be created
- Delivery of defined work packages / tasks to cost/schedule/quality targets
- Monitor and report project/programme performance for schedule, technical, financial and quality objectives.
- Leading problem solving sessions to pro-actively overcome project issues
- Establish & maintain customer/supplier relationships maintaining regular communications & managing expectations.
- Take responsibility for achieving customer satisfaction.
- Proactively manage risks and opportunities to the benefit of the work packages / tasks.
- Ensure that work packages / tasks adhere to the Operational Framework and LCM Mandates
- Support the creation of proposals for follow on tasks / work packages
- The role can be based at Glascoed or Washington but the successful candidate maybe required to travel and spend time at other locations, as necessitated by the role.
- Degree-level qualification or comparable experience, with Project Management experience, ideally from a comparable industry (Defence).
- Formal training in Project Management, with knowledge of scheduling and risk software tools (e.g. MS Project & Predict!), as well as experience of SAP are preferred.
- Experience of working in a safety-critical manufacturing environment an advantage
- Willingness to undertake occasional travel to other sites, UK and overseas.