3 months ago
Job Description - Project Professional
As a Project Professional, you will provide a pivotal role in co-ordinating between the Engineering Team, the Procurement Team, supporting CAMs, other Functional Departments and the KSA Project Office. You will be responsible for planning, execution management, review, reporting and PM Governance of the subject business. A key theme of the role will be ensuring that identified problems are managed through to resolution in a timely and cost effective manner.
A significant element of the role will involve working closely with supplier Project Managers and the BAESSA Team in order to manage dependencies and deliverables as part of an overall integrated programme.
You will also support the AS MP Programme Manager on other KSA related business as required and should be prepared to travel within the UK / Europe and to KSA to support customer meetings and short term on location activities.
Manage Customer Requirements
Ensure that all Customer Requirements are recorded and that any potential non-compliance's are identified and reported - Note this will not duplicate the technical requirements, which will be managed by the project Technical Manager.
* Ensure that all requirements have been planned and that there is an owner responsible for the delivery of each.
* Ensure that any changes to the Customer Requirements are properly recorded and if appropriate they are recognised by re-issue of the WA.
Develop & maintain the Project Management Plan (PMP), the integrated L1 & L2 programme plans and project management data required to manage and report against the project.
The PMP is established, reviewed and maintained on a six monthly basis.
* The Integrated L1 Programme Plan (free format) is established for the Phase 2A and updated for the Phase 2B & 2C LCM reviews.
* The Integrated L2 Programme Plan is established for the Phase 2A and updated for the Phase 2B & 2C LCM reviews (.mpp format).
* Ensure that the L2 programmes include risk and opportunity and have 10%, 50%, 90% confidence ranges based on a Monte Carlo Analysis, or other suitable method.
* The Dependencies, Risks, Opportunities etc. registers are reviewed and updated for the Phase 2A, 2B & 2C LCM reviews.
* Identification of key milestones to be used for performance reporting.
* The Project MPS Monthly Reporting Pack is developed including SOFT, Issues, Budget Management, Performance Indicators etc.
Provide PM capability to the cross functional team in the Execution, Stakeholder Management and Management Review of the Project.
Maintain topical Integrated Programmes with key milestones at Level 1 and Level 2 on at least a monthly basis. The programmes shall show progress against the baseline.
* Maintain a complete topical view of Issues, Dependencies and Risks and ensure that they are all receiving an appropriate level of review and attention.
* Plan and manage a monthly Risk Management Review and link to the programme confidence range.
* Establish a monthly Opportunities Realisation Review and link to the programme confidence range.
* Maintain an AS Capability level view of performance against programme and budget.
* Ensure that identified problems are managed through to resolution in a timely and cost effective manner.
* Ensure that dependencies are managed and resolved in a timely and cost effective manner.
* Maintain a close working relationship with supplier Project Managers in order to manage deliverables in accordance with the overall integrated programme.
Operations Review and Reporting
Prepare suitable reporting material for MP and AS internal use and for reporting outside the Capability e.g. to the Project Office, Customer etc.
* Input to the MPS Monthly Reporting Pack is maintained including SOFT, issues, Programmes, Performance against indicators etc.
* External reporting based on extracts from this report.
* Provide the AS PC Team with ETC data and support the CSR process as required.
* Prepare case for risk draw down and / or retirement and opportunity realisation in order to have appropriate informed discussion with the Contract Owner.
Support to Other KSA Business
Provide support to the AS MP Programme Manager on other Export programmes and bids as required.
Agree support activities and complete to acceptable quality and on time.
Ensure that Project activities are undertaken within PM Governance.
* All work covered by suitable Works Authority
* BCRs are linked to appropriate work packages
* Appropriate application of PM processes
* Appropriate application of LCM process
* ERF management in accordance with the local AS Capability ERF Process
Excellent Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Project and Outlook
Essential Personal Skills in Communication, Team Working and Motivation
Must have PM Qualification or equivalent PM experience.