£400 - £450 per day + PAYE or Umbrella company
about 2 months ago
Project Procurement Manager required to join our leading defence client's Procurement & Supply Chain Team. Working closely with the business product and engineering teams you will provide professional and effective procurement leadership and support, influence business and stakeholder needs to shape business requirements and ensure best value outcomes.
The procurement activity under your responsibility will range from the management of strategic sourcing activity for large complex projects through to smaller scale supporting requirements across a variety of contracting models and arrangements through bids and programs.
The role involves but is not limited to the following:
Own all procurement outcomes within your perimeter of responsibility;
Create and lead sourcing/acquisition strategies across bids, programs and products whilst working closely with key stakeholders within the business and supply chain to deliver them.
Work with knowledge holders across the supply chain including customers / suppliers to determine performance and cost improvement opportunities and long term partnering solutions.
Develop strong relationships both internally and externally, becoming a key influencer
Act as a point of reference within the business for procurement, commercial best practice and
Skills and Experience
- Proven leadership and delivery capability within a matrixed Procurement & Supply Chain function and owning outcomes
- Demonstrable understanding of procurement lifecycle, strategic sourcing and supplier management in best practice environments through bid into program delivery
- Expert stakeholder management both internally and in the supply chain, including verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to influence within matrix business environments, coupled with the flair to leverage commercial opportunities and build lasting relationships
- Experience of managing contracts, material baselines/budgets, change management, commercial considerations
- Business acumen in order to identify and mitigate risks and assess opportunities
- Ability to work with and develop solutions from ambiguous information
- Adaptability to work independently and/or as part of a team
- Understanding of KPI's and effective management of the data to improve the output of the team
- Awareness of the aspects of the Law that affect the activities of the business
- Familiar with typical internal procurement governance requirements
- Understand a variety of contract/agreement types such as Fixed, IDC, TCIF, Bilateral, capability and output based.
- Good understanding of demand and capability planning
- MCIPS / IACCM / EIPM qualifications
- Experience within Defence or comparable industry
Due to the volume of CVs received if you have not had a response within 48 hours please take it that your application will not be progressed but please feel free to visit our website to view other roles.
Recognising the RESTRICTED nature of the work, suitable candidates will be SC cleared or eligible for this level of clearance.