7 months ago
Title: Project Procurement Manager
- This is a new role in the function requiring an in-depth experience of Project Procurement, preferably with knowledge and experience of Defence Programmes and the UK Supplier base in this domain (Electrical & electronic systems, raw materials, metalwork, machining and fabrication).
- Taking specific responsibilities within the overall function for the delivery of timely Procurement activities to support the development of solutions, creation of competition, delivering UK content that demonstrates value for money.
- The role will involve the oversight and support to other Procurement Project activities and require the reporting of Programme progress into business management.
- Works as a member of a business or functional team to provide Procurement capability and communications on Procurement strategy creation/deployment to meet the operational needs of the management.
- As a member of the Procurement team and community within a business / function will manage the effective deployment of Procurement processes and would contribute to the development of Procurement policy and processes for the defined area of responsibility.
- Sets direction and be responsible for the delivery of the functional business plan. Specific responsibilities as a senior manager within the function to discharge procurement requirements through the full life cycle of the business, whilst ensuring that SHE remains central to the task;
- Engaging as part of the Procurement Management Team to align functional objectives with overarching business strategies and deliver agendas as defined by the business;
- Managing evolving effective business management processes, in a manner that engages and involves all of the procurement team and where applicable, other functions;
- Management and leadership responsibility for a team of skilled procurement professionals, group leaders and managers including Strategic and Operational Procurement staff;
- Ensuring people are skilled, competent and empowered to meet the functional and business objectives;
- Experienced in creation & implementation of Project Procurement activities including reporting.
- Ability to negotiate at senior levels within Supply Chain and leverage spend wherever possible.
- Good communication skills with the ability to understand and relay complex subjects to a variety of audiences, pulling out key issues and decision points
- Ability to manage relationships with stakeholders, dealing with escalations and facilitating discussions with different stakeholder groups to address conflicting requirements and priorities
- Capable of delivering complex reports and giving formal presentations on operational and strategic issues
For further information please contact Jack Dawkins on 01617-.071-.516