Manchester, Greater Manchester
£300 - £400 per day
Rail Technical Team
8 months ago
We are recruiting for a project planner for a large Rail client.
The role will be based in Manchester and is a contract role for 6 months with a pay rate of £400 (In Scope of IR35)
About the role / project:
In this role you will be required to manage a portfolio that could consist of up to 80 live projects at any one time. These will be mainly civils projects, so experience with civils is essential along with the ability to manage multiple projects, with good time management.
What you will do:
1. Interact and become a key member of the project delivery team providing a quality service to support the effective delivery of the project.
2. Support the effective information sharing/collection with all the project stakeholders in an appropriate manner.
3. Prepare a project work breakdown structure and plan/schedule which is capable of delivering the project objectives and providing effective project performance measurement and reporting.
4. Develop the appropriate quality plan/schedule in line with the project scheduling principles and processes.
5. Monitor and progress the plan/schedule and make changes as required. Develop recovery schedules and contingency plans in order to meet changed objectives as necessary.
6. Input the planning issues into the project's critical issues risk log. Review planning risks and monitor whether the risk register is updated accordingly.
7. Report actual performance and variance against plan and forecast outcomes. Highlight key milestone and critical path issues to members of the team, provide an assessment of the impact of such issues and recommend solutions to correct the position.
8. Monitor and audit contractor plans. Monitor contractor's planning processes so that they comply with the clients procedure requirements.
9. Interrogate contractor's statement of progress for schedule adherence and payment purposes.
10. Identify key resource requirements and monitor that these are properly booked, and availability is maintained.
Your experience will include:
* Relevant experience in the successful scheduling/planning of engineering projects.
* Must have experience within the Rail sector, more specifically, civils.
* Must be able to manage multiple projects at one time.
* Must be a self-starter with good time management.
* Must have strong communication skills as strong stakeholder management is required.
* Experience with Primavera P6.
* Experience within renewals projects or enhancement schemes.