Birmingham, West Midlands
Rail Technical Team
about 1 year ago
12 Months +
Morson International is currently looking for a planner - railway electrification to manage the evaluation of project time for the project and correlate cost and risk assessment, manage project planning systems, policies and standards and ensure compliance of planning activities across individual projects to support the successful delivery of a project. The role is specific to the planning of all aspects of the electrification of an existing railway from design through bringing into service.
- Manage the integrated P6 programme meeting the internal / external reporting timelines.
- Correlate schedule, cost and risk assessment through integrated solutions to influence critical path analysis thus providing robust/quality plans for decision making.
- Lead in what-if scenario planning providing integrated solutions to programme/project conflicts and recoveries.
- Manage and monitor processes to integrate scheduling from across all projects within the area of work.
- Work closely with Project Managers to maintain programme schedules, and manage the interface between schedules.
- Support Professional Service Consultant's requirements working with the Project Controls Manager. Lead the evaluation of consultant interface reporting including earned value management performance.
- Collaborate with project delivery teams and external stakeholders
- Capture and communicate best practice project planning policy, processes and procedures across the business to drive continuous improvement and provide specialist advice where required.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Proven skills in producing and reviewing programmes in P6.
- Qualified planning professional, with a strong track record of achievement in planning and project management relating to railway electrification projects.
- Demonstrable understanding of key elements required in railway electrification, including Overhead Line Electrification (OLE), Civils, Signalling and PWay
- Experience of planning within large, complex projects.
- Proven capability of developing and maintaining a programme, and a track record of effectively communicating the programme to senior management.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills to engage, promote and influence across a broad range of stakeholders including the Executive, and internal and external stakeholders.