South West England, England
6 months ago
Morson has a Project Officer role for an on going contract based in Yeovil, Somerset working for a Major Aerospace Company.
The Project Officer, under the direction of the Programme or Project Manager is responsible for carrying out the work detailed in the programme or project plan
- The project officer has appropriate and complementary professional, technical or specialist skills to the Programme / Project Manager.
- Under the direction of the programme or project manager the project officer is responsible for carrying out the work detailed in the programme or project plan.
- Effective co-ordination of the project tasks and their inter dependencies into the overall Programme or Project, including resolution or mitigation of any risks and issues arising during the project. Supported by the Programme Management office.
- Demonstrate good communication with wider programme or project team
- Ensuring all activities are carried out in accordance with Client policies, and processes.
- Assisting the programme or project manager to deliver programme or project objectives.
- Carrying out the elements (within their technical expertise) of the programme or project they are tasked with.
- Manage Authorisations in line with level of accountability.
- Manage Profitability and Liquidated damages in line with level of accountability.
- Providing administrative support to the programme or project manager, governed by the PMO.
- Identify, capture and administer the risk register, advising the programme or project manager as risks arise that are likely to affect delivery of programme or project objectives and to be part of the risk reduction process, in accordance with Client policy and processes.
- Providing information for programme or project documentation.
- Producing programme or project products as planned to the required level of quality and to timescales.
- Interfacing between the project and functional business areas (IPTs as applicable) in line with level of accountability to achieve the overall Project deliverables.
- Manage Customer engagement in line with level of accountability
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Provide technical expertise in support of delivery objectives.
- Understand the overall business aim of the programme or project and how their expertise contributes to that aim.
- Understand and apply recommended programme and project management standards such as Project Management and Risk Management.
- Maintain the programme or project documentation in line with the quality and configuration plans.
- Build and sustain effective communications with other roles involved in the project.
- The ability to find ways of solving or pre-empting problems.
- Ability to support construction of schedules within Microsoft Project and understand the use of Earn Value Management.
Please send cv or ring Sue Orr on 01935 403205 for more details