10 days ago
A Project Officer is required for our prestigious Client
This role will require you to work with the Manufacturing project teams in delivering missiles and test equipment throughout their product life-cycles and in accordance with established project control methodologies. The role of Project Officer provides support to a range of deliverables across multiple Manufacturing task areas and can provide a stepping stone for further progress within a project management environment.
The Project Officer support the Heads of Manufacturing and Production Project Managers across multiple projects and sites as required, providing delivery of the following:
* Maintenance and regular reporting of project Key Performance Indicators.
* Act as an interface within Manufacturing to help ensure programme delivery, quality and cost.
* Provide, understand and present information at internal reviews and meetings.
* Assist the team with Risk and Opportunity management.
* Assist in the compilation of Manufacturing estimates and Cost at Completions.
* Assist in the compilation and analysis of workload forecast.
* Compilation and maintenance of project programmes and schedules.
* Maintain and improve the interface with internal customers and external departments.
* Some travel between sites will be required.
Role requirements (skills, training and qualifications)
* Enthusiastic, pro-active and tenacious individual who can prioritise as well as manage day-to-day tactical decisions.
* A clear, strong and effective communicator.
* Numerate and confident with basic mathematics
* Knowledgeable and experienced in the basic application of Project Management skills at an assistant level.
* Computer literacy - basic but proven skills required in MS Word, spread sheets, presentations and planning tools. Experience with SAP materials management system and Primavera 6 planning tool is desirable.
* Local, job specific training will be provided as appropriate.
Recognising the restricted nature of the work there is a requirement for the candidate to be eligible to obtain Security Clearance for this role.