2 months ago
Project Manager x 6 , Permanent, Gloucester
We are urgently recruiting for skilled and experienced Project Managers for our Client in Barnwood . You will be part of a large client lead team , supporting multiple projects within the UK wide project portfolio.
* Identifying, implementing and complying with applicable safety, environmental and quality standards, client procedures and policies and other relevant legislative and regulatory requirements.
* Applying the client project controls standards and developing, maintaining, reporting and trending an accurate project baseline.
Securing, assigning and maintaining a project team containing all the resources required to successfully deliver the project, including specialist support staff.
* Leading and coaching the project team members creating a positive team working environment.
* Identifying and assessing risks and implementing effective risk mitigation strategies.
* Managing assigned projects from concept (Gate A) to close out (Gate D) and maintaining effective integrated project execution strategies and plans.
* Implementing and maintaining effective communication to the project team and all stakeholders including Station, Regulators and central support functions to ensure full understanding and commitment to the deliverables.
* Meeting the specified project functional criteria.
* Controlling scope and cost to the agreed project baseline, instigating and managing change control as necessary.
* Contract management responsibilities where delegated in the F3 Nomination of Contract Roles form.
* Maintain regular involvement of and communications with the Project Sponsor.
* Ensuring that any control arrangements identified, as part of the implementation of Licence Conditions, are adhered to during the lifecycle of the project (for new plant this includes specific arrangements under SLC 19, 20 and 21)
To the Line Manager for:
* Delivering the project in a safe manner to the specified functional criteria, goals and objectives, compliant with appropriate legislation, Project Procedures and within the approved project baseline, scope, cost, schedule and quality requirements.
* Implementing and maintaining a competent, effective and efficient Integrated Delivery Team within the clients HR framework.
* Minimising the project risks (threats) and maximising opportunities.
* Maximising the project efficiency and effectiveness.
* Early identification of issues and/or concerns that either have the potential or will impact the project baseline.
* Proposing, agreeing, implementing and reporting corrective actions to secure the project baseline.
* Providing accurate and timely information, data and reports regarding the project status, activities and performance,
* Making use of earned value management where appropriate.
Qualifications and Experience:-
* Typically, degree educated, in engineering or a related subject. Chartered or equivalent preferred.
* APMP formal project management qualification preferred but not essential.
* Knowledge of Health & Safety legislation including Construction Design Management and Health and Safety at Work Act.
* Knowledge of budget monitoring, commercial awareness and experience at managing contractors.
* Strong understanding of the need for Quality within the project environment and familiarity with the use and structure of Quality Assurance documentation.
* Must be well versed in the preparation of reports and information using packages such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
* Mobility when required (within UK - full driving license).
* Suitable relevant project experience within engineering/construction projects, including the application of project management processes.
* Suitable relevant technical experience including the preparation of technical documentation, the review and approval of technical proposals and procedures, experience of construction, testing and commissioning activities.
* Experience of supervising and setting contractors/sub contractors to work in their roles and experience in leading a project team.